Doesn't Disappoint

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The little Injun teamed up great today with my F75DST. The first site that I hit was a large corner lot at a busy intersection. I sure thought that I'd load up with silver coins there, but all I was finding was cans slaw, pull tabs, some modern coins and one lonely wheat penny. It was time to move to a better location.

At the next site, a mid-fifties home, my very first audio signal that got turned out to be a 1941 Mercury dime. Man, I thought that I hit pay dirt and was going to load up with silver coins. I worked that site hard with both detectors and all that I managed to unearth that was silver was a small sterling ring. It was time to move to another site.

I decided to work some grassy areas between the curbs and sidewalks in a older part of town. It was one of those areas that kept you looking around all the time. I wasn't having too much fun, but I did find a 1904 V Nickel, before heading to a safer part of town.

I saw a nice stretch of grassy area between the curb and sidewalk that looked promising. I dug a few clad coins before getting an interesting VDI number and audio tone. The ID that I was getting was too high for a silver dime and too low for a clad quarter. I figured it could be either a silver ring or a Standing Liberty Quarter at best or a copper pipe fitting.

Lucky me it turned out to be a Standing Liberty Quarter, my second one for the year. It's time to head for the house and rest up for another hunt.

On my way home I went by the first place that I detected and saw that there was a car accident involving 2 cars. One of the cars ended up on the lot were I was detecting earlier. Timing is everything.

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 001.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 001.JPG
    648.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 002.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 002.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 004.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 004.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 007.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 007.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 009.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 009.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 011.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 011.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 023.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 023.JPG
    426.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 024.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 024.JPG
    584.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 019.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 019.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 014.JPG
    Mojave F75 - SLQ - Mercury Dime - Sterling Ring 014.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 30

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. That almost sounds like your gut was telling you to get the heck out of there! Kind of un nerving...

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your trash to keepers ratio seems to be really good quite often. Write ups are spot on too. :icon_thumright:

Could you do a hunt with your AT Pro soon for us AT Pro fans?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. That almost sounds like your gut was telling you to get the heck out of there! Kind of un nerving...
Thanks! Sometimes you just get that feeling.

Your trash to keepers ratio seems to be really good quite often. Write ups are spot on too. :icon_thumright:

Could you do a hunt with your AT Pro soon for us AT Pro fans?

Thanks! I'm just about in the mood for another AT Pro hunt. I think the AT Pro and Mojave will pair up well together.

tabman

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you a Tesoro Mojave dealer? You've started 24 threads recently with Tesoro Mojave in the title. Getting a little tiring...

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
I love hearing about the Mojave, this summer I'm gonna order 2 for the family. The only time I see each people posting about their detectors is when is the update coming or what book to read to use it. It's awesome that you can get that much enjoyment out of a machine that is easy and accurate. I have a Detector that I watch videos and research all the time , keep up the good work and reports Tabman :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another killer hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I'm hearing tons of good things about those mojave's. Does this machine have good seperation even with the disc. up some? Or is it easy to spot a good target with the sound only? I'd like another machine to try in tandem with my f75. For the cost of two dinner's out with the family it seems like a great deal based on the reviews.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you a Tesoro Mojave dealer? You've started 24 threads recently with Tesoro Mojave in the title. Getting a little tiring...
Well hold on to your hat, I'm going to be posting a lot more! The Today's Finds Forum is where you're suppose to post your finds! I do a lot of detecting with the Mojave because it's so much fun to use and it works really great!

I love hearing about the Mojave, this summer I'm gonna order 2 for the family. The only time I see each people posting about their detectors is when is the update coming or what book to read to use it. It's awesome that you can get that much enjoyment out of a machine that is easy and accurate. I have a Detector that I watch videos and research all the time , keep up the good work and reports Tabman :occasion14:
Thanks! It's super fun to use.

Another killer hunt, congratulations! :occasion14:
Thanks! I had a ball today!

tabman

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tesoro Mojave is well worth the 250 bucks. It's separation in trash rivals some of the top in machines. A lot of people who start out with other digital machines have no clue what a good Tesoro can do. They see switches and knob and think it's probably junk but they hold their own and in some cases flat outperform. A good Tesoro like the Tejon, Bandido2 micromax, Mojave, Vaquero with the 5.75 concentric coil in a bed of square nails rules the roost so to say. Very few machines can match their ability in that scenario.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great day Tab! Found some silver and dodged an accident.
Glad you kept your Mojave safe. Lol

Noah

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mojave will still separate well even with the discrimination turned way up. Watch what happens when I turn the discrimination up to discriminate out a zinc penny.

tabman

Im impressed with that video you did but kind of bummed the more expensive detectors didnt pick up that quarter. I thought for sure the at pro was going to squeek a little.

Do you have any experience with the older tesoro ultra sabre? I have one i can borrow and mess with. I guess it has an interesting blanking feature as well.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a neat little machine. Wonder if the f75 would pick that quarter up with the 5inch coil. Or show up on the VDI in 1 tone 0 disc. With the stock coil. Been finding wayyyy more masked targets that way with mine just in the past few hunts. Places I've hunted a few times prior. I'd like to snatch one of these up. Looks light too for the wife. What kind of batteries does it take, and how many hours do they typically last using headphones?

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I'm hearing tons of good things about those mojave's. Does this machine have good seperation even with the disc. up some? Or is it easy to spot a good target with the sound only? I'd like another machine to try in tandem with my f75. For the cost of two dinner's out with the family it seems like a great deal based on the reviews.

Kellyco has the stats. I believe its 2lbs and takes one 9v battery. Kellyco has it for $251 and get free shipping with promocode THEHOOVERBOYS. All caps.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great day out swinging Tabman, Congrats! :occasion14: Good finds!
Another great story, good pics and a really nice comparison video... you da man!!!
Keep it up. You put up some nice stories and pics and I enjoy reading your posts!

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a great sales man. Tesoro should add you to the pay roll! I guess i have to get one to see the hype for myself.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are a great sales man. Tesoro should add you to the pay roll! I guess i have to get one to see the hype for myself.

There's a handful of $200 machines on the market. My f2 was one of them years ago. What other machine for that money will pick up that coin with those nails? I'm digging the simplicity of the unit. Be nice to have a duo for depth, and weeding through the junk at older/abandoned sites. Got a couple where the two would work fabulous together. I'm glad people share good products, regardless of brand ect!

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it! I was already sold but the video you posted was the icing on the cake. About a month ago I asked you from a sales standpoint what does the Mojave have that the AT pro doesn't and you said it's just fun. I get what you mean. I'm just waiting for a gold ring and I'm saving my clad so I can pay for one because alas the wife won't allow it any other way because we are saving for a home. I'm totally itching for that machine! I can't let you have all the fun!!!

Question though, can you hear a difference in tones similar to that of the AT Pro where you can tell it's a bottlecap versus coin due to its scratchiness?

Last edited:

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When using a concentric coil and setting the disc to just break up on a square nail you won't hear a bottlecap. It discriminates out before that so you don't dig them on a Tesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread