133.3 KB · Views: 635
  • 136.JPG
    136.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 646

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheez, zany, why in the world are you going to Peru when you've got such great finds HERE to investigate? On this one, I stopped counting hoyos at 4 ; with more pointers than a Swiss knife has blades. And that includes a sun pointer! You must have been there at just the right time.

OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You like that?

Notice the head stone, and how they notched out a slot in both stones so they would not fall apart. about 80 meters away, you can see were they cut these stones, and tracks from dragging these stone are still very evident even after hundreds of years.

As to Peru, My reasons I just posted on one of my other post.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read your response on the other thread and can understand you enthusiasm. Man, those Spanish dudes were busy little beavers, weren't they?

With this monument being on such a point where it seems you can see for MILES in all directions; I wonder if there are more than one trail "marked" by more than one of those pointers; sort of like Times Square. With all of those hoyos there may be "directions" to more than one kind of trail / location.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield:
Nice looking doggie. What does that black horse with the white saddle mean? Are there 2 "T"s on the lower left quarter of the base rock?

OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield'

That is a nice one. was there a bird about the same size just down from this, in the Dogs gaze?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield:
I missed that black bird eye on your dog on my post just above.

Zany:
Maybe that blackbird eye is saying to look for a bird sign "next". :dontknow: Still wondering about that black horse wearing a white saddle.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
zanyzonies said:
Springfield'

That is a nice one. was there a bird about the same size just down from this, in the Dogs gaze?

Actually, the dog is looking directly at the carvings below, about 30 feet away.

Attachments

• Near balanced rock 1.JPG
    Near balanced rock 1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 592
OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!
Thats neat stuff! this will take some thought! (all the rust breaking free, and the grinding up there, gets really loud ???)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Springfield, this is a great photo. Does it REALLY look Spanish? I'm not highly knowledgeable in this area, but it looks more Indian.

Near balanced rock 1.JPG

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I did this to another one of yours and it really popped.
This one not so much. still shows a lot though.
There are some signs that might show up better if photographed closer.

Attachments

• Near balanced rock 1.JPG
    Near balanced rock 1.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 561
OP
OP
zanyzonies

zanyzonies

Jan 7, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the South/Western American Indians ever use shadow markers? ???

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Old Dog said:
zanyzonies said:
Did the South/Western American Indians ever use shadow markers? ???

Nope

I'll have to disagree here. A friend is currently in the process of putting together a publication that might well change your opinion of this.

Off-Topic: By the way, if you're worried about the unavailability of potassium iodide tablets for US citizens (the tablets saturate your thyroid with iodine and prevent radioactive iodine in the fallout from collecting there), you can get the same results by either ingesting 4 drops/day of Lugol's 2% Iodine Solution, or painting a palm-sized area of tincture of iodine on your body, which will absorb the iodine through your skin. DO NOT INGEST TINCTURE OF IODINE - it's poisonous).

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
Gypsylife said:
zanyzonies said:
Here is one I found many years ago. thought you may find it interesting.

Sorry that is no dog monument. All dogs were standing on their hind feet in a up right sitting position with their front feet off the ground.

Do you have any pictures to show as an example?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsylife said:
zanyzonies said:

Sorry that is no dog monument. All dogs were standing on their hind feet in a up right sitting position with their front feet off the ground.

Bolony. Ahhhh................that's a technical term.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Shortstack said:
Gypsylife said:
zanyzonies said:

agreed.
that is like saying all mules have packs.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
Gypsylife said:
zanyzonies said:

And, as one more piece of technical information.....................dogs don't have FEET, they have PAWS. :read2:
I believe that only humans and Sasquaches and frogs have feet................not necessarily in that order.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread