pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With all the many miles of driving I've done in the last 30 + years from Montana to Texas and Colorado to the California Nevada border I can't even guess to count all the winter mishaps on the roads I've seen. All to often drivers see the dangerous road conditions as more of an aggravation then something to be cautious about. For decades now some auto makers focus on the type of consumers who see the aggravating circumstances of bad weather driving and offer their solution to these foolish typs.To me these auto makers promote bad ideas, because their new and improved vehicles that will allow you to go fast in bad conditions fail to mention these supper dupper vehicles still encounter all the other vehicles that can't preform as these speed bombs do and then crash into all the other slower driving vehicles.

The little (caption) at the bottom of the manufacture's videos.

Closed circuit, professional stunt driver, take 15-CUT! That's a wrap....

25-32F snow is a lot to be desired when driving-give me -25-30F any day over the slippery.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy RGINN..... Sorry to hear about your bad experience with GM. But I'm glad to hear you think you were made whole again. I worked for GM for 31 years. I quit in 06'. They called it a retirement but I called it a QUIT..!!!!!! Hired in as a production worker in 75'. Worked production for 25 years. Then I had a better idea to stop all the damn recalls concerning missed fasteners. Got a patent on it also. GM North American engineering offered me a job to implement. I accepted and jumped from production to the engineering management world. N.A. Operations mandated all assembly plants had to abide. You wouldn't believe the pushback I got from being a production worker turned assembly engineer telling each assembly plant how to reconstruct their production lines. Some in the beginning refused or weren't "interested". When I reported back to MI. headquarters what they didn't want to do before I boarded my flight home it didn't set well with them. Those folks had to catch the redeye flight and be in my new office in Spring Hill TN. the next morning for a "refresher course" for 3 days. Word spread quickly across N.A. to comply. G.M. screwed me out of patent royalties after 6 years and management forgot I didn't work "for them" as I was only a production worker. I refused to "join the GM management team". So I just up and QUIT in 06' after they pissed me off during a meeting. Most jaws hit the table but a couple just smiled knowing I just retired...!!!!!! GM is a very hard company to work for and their arrogance is second to none. I was 49 then and was happy to tell GM to kiss my a**. I'm not proud of the U.A.W. either. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them.... your Ol' T-net friend, me.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly or maybe not the best most reliable pick ups are now Toyotas.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just adding my feelings on GM. Back when i had the gmc diesel. I was REALLY PI$$ED at GM and i guess I still am. Every Car AND Truck manufactures can have problems with some of the vehicles. But how they handled it back then was wrong. They knew it was a defect. But rather then own up to it they left it to the buyers to get a solution. If back then we would have had the class action suits that we have now it would have been A DIFFERENT Story !!!
Has anyone else on here have one of these motors ?

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only ever owned one brand new vehicle. A 1999 Chevy Blazer. Best car I ever owned. When it was time to replace it in 2017, I bought used again. I didn't think I could get lucky like I did with that Blazer.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I bought a new ford ranger in 1997 and had it until 2017 when it had an issue. I had it Ziebart'd new and the body and paint looked new. Except for a few dents in the bed from working firewood over the years it was tip top on the body.

I traded it here in Greentucky for a 2007 GMC Canyon in 2017. Drove that for 7 years. In the 7th year 2 cylinders DIED. I also had that Ziebart'd when I purchased it since it was always garaged by the previous owner. In 2017 when it gave up the ghost it still looked showroom new. I was lucky to get $1,200.00 for it in a private sale even though I just paid that for 4 new nice tires the year before.

This during the pandemic, it was almost impossible to get a truck anywere in the state. I finally found on in Ohio and drove there to test drive it and bought it. A new 2022 Chev Colorado Z71 for working in the woods, not had any trouble with it and I drive it all the time.

The pisser is I still see my 1997 Ford Ranger driving around town looking brand new. Dang. But It was a 2WD and I really need 4WD. Got stuck a few times in my own woods.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread