Dont Be Afraid

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't Be Afraid

I simply love this site and feel like I have many friends. :hello2: Tnet has all the info needed to assist in becoming proficient in the hobby. For the 1st few months I never posted, just searched for info, looked at all new posts and began to hit the "Like" button. Please don't be afraid of the LIKE button. It does not cost anything nor will it kill your computer.

I find it amazing that many posts have hundreds of views, but sadly only a hand full of likes. :BangHead:

To all the non participating members, please become an active part of this site. I know that sometimes you feel like you have nothing to add or a witty comment that might provide some levity to other readers. Everyone has the opportunity to post comments that may shed some insight as to assist others. If you can't think of anything to post, again, please don't fear the "Like" button.

I'd like to extended a HUGE thanks to all those who follow my posts make comments. Also thanks to all those that at least hit the like button.

Last edited:

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How's that�� Always enjoy your post, and seeing all those finds.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't Be Afraid

Can you "like" a post from tapatalk on an iphone?

Disregard: figured it out!

~Tejaas~

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hip Hip Huzzah!!! :occasion14:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too enjoy this site and have learned a lot about the hobby and the finds I've made. I don't do Facebook or any other social media. I'm sure there are times that I am talking out of the wrong end but that's just me. The like button is a great way to know that you are contributing to the sight and lets people know that you enjoy there finds or input. Loco's right, if you like something hit the button. It encourages more post which makes our site more interesting. I'm just glad there's not a dislike button. LOL

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've learned a lot about MDing and many other things on this forum. I see some like to talk about technique while others love to be involved with more of where to hunt and legal issues, like asking permission to hunt a site.
Yet others are happy to show us their finds and make videos that take us on a nice little hunt when we can't get out ourselves.
Some share their loses and breaks our hearts and we respond with loving care!
The forum is like a supportive family who's raising their children properly.
In my opinion it's very much like Facebook only better in some ways!
I for one am very happy to be in this family!

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also like this site too, i have learned alot from it.I do not post to many posts on here,but im on here 2 to 3 times a day.And i really enjoy looking at what other people find,some of them are rare and some of them are not,I love looking at it all. I would say more but i going to go out and dig a nail or two LOL!!!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't understand why there is not a "Dis-like" button? Seems unfair to read and ignore or read and like only? :dontknow:

When did it become offensive to dis-like something?

BTW - Really like the site to Loco, great way to share information and finds.......

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lurked here for a good 6-8 months before creating my account here. Even then I was tentative about posting as there is def a "I've been doing this X years...I know best" vibe that goes along with this hobby (like many hobbies).

Finally decided to join the fray earlier this year and have not regretted it at all. Tons of nice people here. Moderators are fair, helpful and not afraid to be a part of the community. You can pretty must ask the dumbest questions known to man and will still get a polite response even if it has been beaten to death. Nothing more terrible than a forum filled with "Google it" or "Read the Sticky" type posts. Rarely see that here, even with painfully obvious questions. People here like to help...or at least give their opinion. :laughing7:

Usually a one-forum-per-hobby type of guy. I find a forum that fits and roll with it. Glad I chose TN and in another 6-8 months I will probably feel comfortable enough to go Charter Member and show my support.

TN is the first place I check in the morning and the last I check before bed. Says it all right there I suppose....

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lurked here for a good 6-8 months before creating my account here. Even then I was tentative about posting as there is def a "I've been doing this X years...I know best" vibe that goes along with this hobby (like many hobbies).

Finally decided to join the fray earlier this year and have not regretted it at all. Tons of nice people here. Moderators are fair, helpful and not afraid to be a part of the community. You can pretty must ask the dumbest questions known to man and will still get a polite response even if it has been beaten to death. Nothing more terrible than a forum filled with "Google it" or "Read the Sticky" type posts. Rarely see that here, even with painfully obvious questions. People here like to help...or at least give their opinion. :laughing7:

Usually a one-forum-per-hobby type of guy. I find a forum that fits and roll with it. Glad I chose TN and in another 6-8 months I will probably feel comfortable enough to go Charter Member and show my support.

TN is the first place I check in the morning and the last I check before bed. Says it all right there I suppose....

what he said..:occasion14:

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just don't understand why there is not a "Dis-like" button? Seems unfair to read and ignore or read and like only? :dontknow:

When did it become offensive to dis-like something?

BTW - Really like the site to Loco, great way to share information and finds.......

I take visiting this site as like going to the parent's house for Thanksgiving. You may not like your brothers spouse or a plethora of other things with all those at the dinner table, but you stay positive and avoid the negative. Everyday is a holiday on Tnet. There is already too much negativity in the world, isn't it nice to come in and take a breath of fresh positive air??

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the like button twice all the time :P

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
You can pretty must ask the dumbest questions known to man and will still get a polite response

Thats because that the only dumb question is the one that isnt asked.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been a participant here since the site's inception back in the early 70's. LIKE is good, participation is better. BEST place to hang out for us all! TTC

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sometimes wonder about the "like" clicking(or not) as well Loco. Even if I don't comment I try to remember to hit "like" because the way I see it this site is about metal detecting, something we all love(I hope), and us, individually and as a group. When I first joined I was kinda afraid to post my finds because it seemed like everyone else was finding so much better stuff. But then I thought to myself "I'm not doing this for them, I'm doing it for me and maybe, just maybe, that one other person afraid to post because they felt itimidated as well." So, I figure maybe it's not great to "them", but it got me excited when I pulled the plug up and found it. I just noticed in my quarters today an Idaho state quarter with the obverse off center, if I hadn't already posted my button, I would have added it because I think it is a cool thing to find an error coin, no matter how little value it may have. Matter of fact, here you go... IdahoP11.JPG .
Continued good luck Loco and everyone else, let's not stop until we have it all!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has little or no value!?!?!? Were you happy and excited when you found it? Well, my friend it has value. And we can agree that's worth more than 25 cents. As far as thinking you're not finding all the bling others have, that's rubbish! We all started out digging ring tabs, nails and leaverites. Keep plugging along (pun intended) and you'll have the cool finds sooner than you think! Detecting is just like Christmas! Sometimes you get socks & skivvies and others you get the bike you wanted. "Ya just gotta have fun with it!"

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Has little or no value!?!?!? Were you happy and excited when you found it? Well, my friend it has value. And we can agree that's worth more than 25 cents. As far as thinking you're not finding all the bling others have, that's rubbish! We all started out digging ring tabs, nails and leaverites. Keep plugging along (pun intended) and you'll have the cool finds sooner than you think! Detecting is just like Christmas! Sometimes you get socks & skivvies and others you get the bike you wanted. "Ya just gotta have fun with it!"

In laymans terms,Go with the flow.:laughing7::laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the like button twice all the time :P
That's the funniest laugh I had all day. Twice? Sometimes hell yeah! Then it slowly dawned on me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread