SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would LOVE an Etrac if it were only about a pound lighter. I have only heard good things about the Deus but last I looked it was pretty expensive, about the only thing holding me back. I will be anxious to see what you think of it - and your comparison of the two.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That trade could go either way for me. It would all depend on what I'm hunting for and what type of sites I'll be hunting. They're two very different machines.

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.
Hope to have initial thoughts tomorrow.
Not sure if the Deus will even come close to an ETrac? We shall soon see. But the design alone is incredible.
Deus is made in France, but warranty work is performed at various U.S. certified dealerships. Accessories are readily available. A treasure hunting supply store 20mins from my home has it all.
I'm a fan of Energizer batteries. I've never liked rechargeables, and this entire machine is rechargeable. Strange.
The speed, (recovery time ), of the Deus is impressive. It rivals the lighting fast F70.
More tomorrow...
Peace ✌

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In a hearts beat, as the CTX is a step ahead of the Etrac so it's all about the weight factor and separation ability. Now for the recharging issue I was told in a hour everything is recharged on the Deus and seeing them plugged in it seems to be close. The length of the charge when using some features is an issue, and the fact that there isn't an option when the batteries run out and the the nearest pine tree hasn't got an outlet, but there is something about a potato having the ability to provide power? just throwing out the little jabs on the recharging abilities. I wonder what happens when the lifespan ends for the battery in the coil, how does that get replaced? But these are all work arounds I think because the separation capabilities of the machine in iron infested sites seems to be the option, that and the weight. Still it's a trade, do you have to take any money off the table?

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a hearts beat, as the CTX is a step ahead of the Etrac so it's all about the weight factor and separation ability. Now for the recharging issue I was told in a hour everything is recharged on the Deus and seeing them plugged in it seems to be close. The length of the charge when using some features is an issue, and the fact that there isn't an option when the batteries run out and the the nearest pine tree hasn't got an outlet, but there is something about a potato having the ability to provide power? just throwing out the little jabs on the recharging abilities. I wonder what happens when the lifespan ends for the battery in the coil, how does that get replaced? But these are all work arounds I think because the separation capabilities of the machine in iron infested sites seems to be the option, that and the weight. Still it's a trade, do you have to take any money off the table?

I have a battery powered portable charger you can recharge anywhere even at a tree.ive never had to use it as the charge last 5 hrs .i also have a car charger

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow - You blew it dude, someone pulled the wool over your eyes! Sorry, just the facts...............feeling very bad for you right now.

This is how I see you in a few weeks - - - - - - :BangHead:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kid - I was wondering after my last post; You wouldn't happen to own a Corvette?

I have a Ford Pinto I was looking to trade, straight up.........:laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck with the Dues Kid. I have seen many goods finds on Tnet by fellow dirt fisherman that use that machine.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with the Deus, but I would have hung onto the Etrac (vette) if at all possible.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ignore all of the naysayers, it's just a detector, not a priceless painting or even a house. If you don't like it, I am sure you can just trade it to someone else for another Etrac pretty easily.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a battery powered portable charger you can recharge anywhere even at a tree.ive never had to use it as the charge last 5 hrs .i also have a car charger
5 hrs isn't a big deal, I'm thinking of the day hunts of 10 hrs. What do you mean by a portable charger, is it a extra power pack? The auto charger is a good option though.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ignore all of the naysayers, it's just a detector, not a priceless painting or even a house. If you don't like it, I am sure you can just trade it to someone else for another Etrac pretty easily.

Ignore the naysayers? I believe the kid asked for opinions on his trade. So, he shall get them.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

5 hours on a full charge? After three years with the Deus, I decided to charge it up and then run the charge out while I timed it. Got 13+ hours on it before the coil shut down. That was running at tx power of 2. Over four years now and still going strong. Lots of juice in that batt.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 hours on a full charge? After three years with the Deus, I decided to charge it up and then run the charge out while I timed it. Got 13+ hours on it before the coil shut down. That was running at tx power of 2. Over four years now and still going strong. Lots of juice in that batt.

Good to know. 5 hours would kill my interest in the dues.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never actually ran it out but have ran it low I retread my manual it is 13 hrs but my hunts run 4 to 5 hrs thought I read it somewhere

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread