"Dont bother..... I got it all !! "

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
"Don't bother..... I got it all !! "

Last week I took my White's M6 and 6X10 coil to a school yard to hunt.
As I was going in, another guy was coming out. He didn't say "Hi".. "Finding anything?" or any such pleasantries like that.
He said "Don't bother... I got it all !! "

Well we talked for 10 minutes and he told me he had been hunting the schoolyard for 4 years and the only things left, were whatever the kids dropped during the week. I asked him if he minded that I dig up the trash he left. He told me go ahead and he left.
Within an hour and a half I had over 20 clad coins.
This week I went back to see what else I could find, taking my M6 and 6X10 coil again.

I found a nice promising looking spot and started scanning. Within a few minutes the solid targets were coming in pretty good.
All clad but they were 2, 3 and 4 inches deep and had been there a few years.

In between digging up clad, I get a 50 cent signal at 3 inches. Thinking it might be a junk item I raise the coil about 3 inches and scan again. Still reading 50 cents and at a 6 inch depth. A junk item would read them same depth so I dig it.

My first JFK half in years !!!!

Digging up more clad dimes, pennies and quarters.... in between these I dug up a sweet 1961 "New" Roosy dime, a 1953 Roosy, a 1939 Merc and one that I almost had to go change my drawers on. A 1911 Barber dime at 6 inches. :icon_sunny:

After a couple of hours I dug 35 coins.... 4 of which were silver!!!!

So when someone tells you an area is hunted out, just ask if you can go dig up the "trash" they left !! :tongue3:

schoolcoins2.jpg

4silverdimeday.jpg

Upvote 0

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Re: "Don't bother..... I got it all !! "

Great finds,good you did'nt listen to him.

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Wow, great story and, a valuable lesson to those who listen!
You did well! Are you a teacher by any chance? :)

GRB

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GREAT story and GREAT finds dimeman. Tell that feller' thanks for leaving so much junk for you to dig. :headbang:

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sure alot of the places i hunt have prob. had a few coils run over it heck maybe even the same kind, but i can hunt 10x10 area go back over it as soon as i finish and still pick up things i missed. you never get em all and it is a rookie mistake to make a comment like "i cleaned it all out" great job on picking out the silver and the clad adds up :thumbsup:

urnotalone1970

May 8, 2008
chicago, il
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

lesson learned, he THOUGHT he had found all the loot...lol lol he must come to this site to learn how the pros do it...great hunt you had ;D HH tlc :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

silverfreak said:
GREAT story and GREAT finds dimeman. Tell that feller' thanks for leaving so much junk for you to dig. :headbang:

If I see him again I will tell him exactly that........ that he left a lot of junk for me to dig up!!! :laughing7: :laughing7:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup:nice fined

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Colonial KirkPA said:
Nice digs, Dimeman!

White's strikes again! :thumbsup:

Kirk :thumbsup:

Just got back from the same area and used my IDX and 6 inch coil and got some more clad...... I went out just to cherry pick the Coins Only on the DISC setting.

So far the clad total from the schoolyard in 4 hunts ( total of 6 1/2 hours) is $7.48 and 4 silver dimes.

cherrypickins.jpg

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Sounds like you had two good hunts! The guy must have been using a crappy machine that he got for a low price.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

its ok -never tell a "fish" hes on the "hook" --- the first rule of war is -- never "give" the enemy infomation/ or wize him up ---- make him do his own intelligance reports -- if you tell him hes screwing up and leaving stuff then he might learn to correct his mistakes thus not leaving as much behind-- and really you want him to keep being "dumb" and screwing up thus leaving goodies for you -- since by his nature hes a smug "know it all" type --thus the "don't bother -- I got it all" remark --if you just let him believe that hes "all that"--- he will figger his methods are "right on" and not correct hiis style --- all the while leaving goodies for you ---thus you can picking his pocket finds wize for a long long time. --- Ivan

now if the guy was a "freind" yes ya tell them and show em --but a unfreindly "stranger" nah

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Nice finds.
I have to agree with Ivan, do not say anything to your competition. Let him beieve he has cleand out the area.

Ray S

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love to hear those words. I always take that challenge and I am careful never to throw down the same challenge to someone else. As they say back home in Alabama, "THEM'S FIGHTEN WURDS!"

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know how I missed this post DMan.
Great hunt :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions