Dont buy thru shopila

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett - Ace 350, Bounty Hunter - Quick Silver
Don't buy thru shopila

I just wrote a lengthy email to shopila.com, Pricegrabber.com and Bounty Hunter about a order I just placed for a BH Quick Silver.

Long story short I ordered it on 12/7 still hadn't recieved it yet. Was told on the day I ordered it on the phone with a customer service rep it would be going out on time. Today (12/13) shows the item is on their website as it being on backorder. So I called to verify mine was still to be on time since I hadn't recieved any email notifications of mine being on backorder in the past 6 days. The rep told me mine is on backorder and will be shipped out on 12/20. What a bad experience! Pricegrabber is a AWSOME site to find the VERY LOWEST prices searching hundreds of sources. So I can't blame them since I didn't order it thru them. But I would NEVER again recommend using shopila (rip off name of shopzilla).

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Re: Don't buy thru shopila

Just cancel the order and order form another source. Just curious what do think a good price is for that unit?

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I got a Quicksilver last Christmas. I'm glad that I did only because it has increased my desire to get into this hobby even more. The detector itself however, leaves much to be desired. I myself am not pleased with it. I hope that you have better luck than I did with that machine.

low xtreme

Oct 5, 2006
georgia

looks like a "dropship" website to me. you order from them, they order from they're supplier. they keep the difference of what you pay and what they pay their supplier. supplier ships it to you.

OP
OP
litlewolf2

litlewolf2

Dec 13, 2006
Waconia, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett - Ace 350, Bounty Hunter - Quick Silver

Farmercal said:
Just cancel the order and order form another source. Just curious what do think a good price is for that unit?

I bought mine total with shipping was $121.00. I might cancel it, I'm still thinking about it. Unfortunetly I can't really find a lower price for a new one of that model.

I have a friend now though that is offering his dads old teknetics. He isn't sure if it's a Mark 1 or 3. I can't find a Mark 3 anywhere and a 1 looks good but it was built in 1985. Another thing is Bounty Hunter bought Teknetics and the Quick silver model looks to have been made in 2003. Quck Silver is cheaper but almost 20 years newer.. so still debating.

Any suggestions anyone? The Teknetics or the Quick silver?

Woodsie

Oct 25, 2006
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
XLT by Whites

I just had to post on this one. When buying a metal detector.....In my opinion....It's best to buy from a dealer. Even if you have to travel 100 miles. Here's why. Most dealers are users...they know the machines they sell. You will get service from a dealer. Often you can buy a good used machine from a dealer. You will pay no shipping charge. You can hunt with confidence knowing that a dealer will stand behind the machine. Stick to the most popular brands...White's. Tosoro, Fisher.
I own 5 detectors. A white's XLT, A White's Eagle Spectrum, A Bounty Hunter, A Compass and A Toroso Silver Saber. My main Detector is The White's XLT. Why....Because it has performance...and that's what you want in a machine. I do not work for White's but I have dealt with them and they are super when it comes to service. I've also been detecting for 19 years.
Woodsie

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000

litlewolf2, I would seriously consider the Ace 250. For the money (around $200) people seem to be finding an excessive amount of old and new coins with ease. It seems to be a really good detector for the money. It's more than the $120 but it's new technology and probably well worth the investment.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

I would certainly not buy a detector as old as the Tek,the technology has changed dramatically. I would cancel your order with Shopzilla first thing,if they blow you any crap hang up and call your credit card company they will get it straight. If the money between the ace250 and the BH is a major issue I would call around to every Radio Shack near you and ask if they have a discovery 3000. Im pretty sure if you look on their website they are still offering this detector for 119.00. If and when you find one at a store when you go there they will try and charge you retail but you simply refer them to their website. Its not the greatest detector in the world but its not bad at all for the money with manual ground balance and excellent pinpointing its a clad hound but I wouldnt look for depth on coins much over 4-5 inches. If you can swing the extra 80 bucks then the Ace 250 seems to be hands down the best detector for the money,it can even be upgraded with different coils and Sunray even makes a probe for it though it costs almost as much as the detector itself, GL...Shoot

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe

think the ace 250 would be a great deal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions