Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't Get Bent!

One day while walking into school another kid (I was in 9th grade and he was in 12th) told be to "get bent." That was a 60's saying that meant get lost you @$$ #&%!

My reply was "I don't want to get bent...that hurts." Right after that he gave me a black eye which also hurt.

Ah! Those childhood memories.

The point? Hum, let me see??? I hate it when I write these things and then at the end have to develop a point.

Lets say that in life we should focus on the positive side of life and if possible ignore the crap. Had I just ignored that 12th grader I probably would have been happier in the long run.

Mother used to say: "Nobody can make you lose your cool."

Don't get bent, be happy!

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Don't Get Bent!

Younger I had to 'comment' on everything. I felt I had to compete or one up or come out ahead or show I was smart, or whatever.

Older now I say who cares. I could care less most times what is said, written, or viewed. I take no action. I can walk away now because I know it doesn't matter in the big scheme. I never feel like someone got the best of me.

I think age is a biggie in all these lifes lessons.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Farmer you say, you take no exception, BAH :laughing7:

Me, I'm a motor mouth.. :tongue3:

I say what I feel before my brain even realizes what is coming out of my mouth. It's not about coming out ahead, or one ups man ship; it's calling at as I see it, when I see it. :laughing7:

Simple :headbang:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

those who can make you lose your cool --"control you" --if they can make you do something , that most likely will get you in trouble (they are in control of you) -- so give no one else the ability to control you mentally (do not be weak minded )-- lose the terms he /she made me happy or sad , they made me do ------whatever-- , you and only you are in charge of your feelings and reactions (learn self control) --no one can make you more or less than what you already are ,and only you can decide if your happy or sad --not them :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

if a person is unpleasant to be around * get away from them -- if a wife or husband belittles and turns on you and will not change their ways --better to live alone than be in constant misery :thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yea Spart I can motor mouth with the best of them. but I choose the issues I want to go viral on now. before it would be all threads if I saw something dumb written or whatever. Now I pick and let the rest go by :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread