25th Anniversary sets? Anyone here score?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Wondering if anyone else here scored on the 25th anniversary SAE set day? I lucked out and got a box of five - beats the heck out all the half boxes I've seen lately - :headbang: Once in a while the US Mint throws a bone out you just have to keep your eyes open and know when to pounce...kinda like roll searching!

Maine_Jim

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you post! No, I went on line too late. My bad. Tried, but it is what it is. Glad you scored!

HSH,
apush :read2:

White Silver

Oct 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My order went through too late and I didn't get one. I wish I had the opportunity to get one for the original prcie again but the outragoues price of $800-$900 keeps me from them. :(

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White Silver said:
My order went through too late and I didn't get one. I wish I had the opportunity to get one for the original prcie again but the outragoues price of $800-$900 keeps me from them. :(

They are all over Ebay right now...

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey Apush - I'm still around but been really busy building a house. I've also kinda cleaned out the boxes here in Maine. After searching almost 5000 boxes of halves there really isn't much left to find :tongue3:. I fell like Silver Cop now when he went through all those boxes then that was it! No complaints though and guess what bought a good chunk of my new house :icon_thumright: - Just glad I got in all those years back!

As for the 25th Anniversary set - I was lucky and got an order in the last half hour. I was on-line at work off and on for four hours. Lucky really that I have a job where I can do it. I can see now that it would have paid off well to take the day off and line up some friends and family to make some orders. Didn't happen. I did tell my brother but he never bothered. Too bad, a quick $2k profit for four hours work isn't bad! Almost like hitting a dream box!

Maine_Jim

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
White Silver said:
Do you think it was just the the 25th american eagle silver coins that fetch that premium after the initial sale or have you all seen similar things happen with the other silver coins? Such as the five ounce america the beautiful quarter going for sale on Tuesday?
n8

White Silver

Oct 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilmore Happy said:
White Silver said:

They are all over Ebay right now...

but the outragoues price of $800-$900 keeps me from them

White Silver

Oct 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n8dagr8345 said:
White Silver said:
Do you think it was just the the 25th american eagle silver coins that fetch that premium after the initial sale or have you all seen similar things happen with the other silver coins? Such as the five ounce america the beautiful quarter going for sale on Tuesday?
n8

Well I have some of the america the beautiful 5 oz coins. They don't fetch premiums unless they are graded. Right now you can almost get them for the same price as a 5 oz silver bar.

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 5 sets, it took 4-5 hours to get thru. Mine are boxed up and about to be on their way to PCGS. Hoping I get back some 70's. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread