Dont hear much about M6 anymore

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't hear much about M6 anymore

I've been considering purchasing a White's M6. You don't hear much from members on the forum regarding this detector anymore. It seemed to have a good reputation, since it is a step below the White's MXT. Is it still being produced or will it eventually be phased out? I'm mostly a coin and jewelry hunter.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Only machine you need,I love mine,found a lot of cool stuff over 3 years 3000+ hrs. GodBless Chris

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coils for the M6 will go on the MXT,DFX,VX3, and the V3i as well, so if you decide that you want to upgrade to one of these down the road the coils for your M6 will work on these other detectors. HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is in there newest catalog still selling good

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prolly the best kept secret in metal detecting! Shhhhh!

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the standard MXT and love it. I tried the girlfriends M6 and I started really liking the detector while hunting a park. The tone option is awsome and it seemed to be no slouch. I still like my MXT for relic hunting, but beach and coin and jewlery, you cannot go wrong with the M6.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read about a new White's machine being sold that will probably replace the M6 (I'm not sure), it's called SST (Sierra Super Track) and Jimmy Sierra is on that project.

Not so much information about that model yet, but they say it would be slightly better than the M6

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read about a new White's machine being sold that will probably replace the M6 (I'm not sure), it's called SST (Sierra Super Track) and Jimmy Sierra is on that project.

Not so much information about that model yet, but they say it would be slightly better than the M6

Thanks for the info guys! The M6 will certainly stay on my list! That new detector sounds impressive! Will keep an eye out on that machine for sure!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
The M6 was my main machine for 2 years until I bought a used Minelab Explorer based on the results of the guys I hunted with who used them.In the trashy urban parks that I hunt in my silver coin finds tripled with the Explorer.My M6 sits in my closet for the last 5 years.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I had the Explorers big brother the E-Trac, I NEVER found any silver with it. Found plenty with my Whites though! I don't own the ET anymore!

See...it goes both ways!

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a nice clean M6 for cheap so I thought I would try it out. I finally got time today and it was real nice and hit with clean hard audio on good targets. It did seem a little chirpy (EMI-in a school yard) at the default 90 gain level but not a big problem. As for that new SST it looks like an M6 minus the DISC control for $100 less. In other words an M6 in full time all metal. No thanks. I prefer to be able to switch in and out of DISC mode when I choose.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like over 1 post those m6's r coming out of hiding they r good relic hunting detectors

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a nice clean M6 for cheap so I thought I would try it out. I finally got time today and it was real nice and hit with clean hard audio on good targets. It did seem a little chirpy (EMI-in a school yard) at the default 90 gain level but not a big problem. As for that new SST it looks like an M6 minus the DISC control for $100 less. In other words an M6 in full time all metal. No thanks. I prefer to be able to switch in and out of DISC mode when I choose.

I also checked out that detector. It is in all metal mode as you said. All of those signals would be confusing at times. Let see how well it performs if it is widely distributed.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked one up recently for $275 at an estate sale, with a bunch of extras. Looked like it was only used once or twice. I've only used it around the yard and at the beach a couple times in the dry but I like it. Seems to be a decent working machine. Just wish I had a good old batch of woods or some farm fields to detect with it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice deal aswell c like I said 1 post now there everywhere lol what other whites can we say that hasnt been talked about in a bit oh the dfx & thats a real good one to & its twin the dfx 300

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread