Dont hear much about M6 anymore

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
SST

Thanks for the info guys! The M6 will certainly stay on my list! That new detector sounds impressive! Will keep an eye out on that machine for sure!

I saw the SST at a dealer in northern Cal. It is only for the southwest market, not available everywhere.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the SST at a dealer in northern Cal. It is only for the southwest market, not available everywhere.

Any pics of it

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Here is one from the web. sierratrackersmall2.jpg

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a reguler m6 whats different just the coil or

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
It is all metal only, from what I understand. The gain of the MXT, ground track from the GMT, the display from the M6.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i just actually saw one on eBay $525 they wanted buy now

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M6 is a coin and ring magnet.

That I can agree on i recently bumped into a guy who uses one & swears by it Ive seen also the great relics he has pulled out to he actually has a extra one thats basically new that he had said he would like to sell condition wise great works great it got shipped to him with a defective Speaker it can b used with headphones or replace the $4,Speaker

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the m6 has silent search it should called m6 pro

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my M6 use it as my primary dirt machine. It also does great on the beach. I still prefer my Tesoro Sand Shark in the wet sand at the beach. I have my M6 paired with a pair of Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones great combination!

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
I found a nice clean M6 for cheap so I thought I would try it out. I finally got time today and it was real nice and hit with clean hard audio on good targets. It did seem a little chirpy (EMI-in a school yard) at the default 90 gain level but not a big problem. As for that new SST it looks like an M6 minus the DISC control for $100 less. In other words an M6 in full time all metal. No thanks. I prefer to be able to switch in and out of DISC mode when I choose.

right! all ya really have is a m6 without the disc. control!
no advantage,except to make it even more simple to use.
i just bought a "nice" example off flea bay..got lucky,as there were 40 bids on it!
got it for really short money!..nice to catch a break once in a while.
proven "sniper",and a genuine coin vacuum.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Whitesmxt66

Dec 29, 2011
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, really want the MXT though.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detector. I have had much luck with it. Agreed it is a sleeper for sure! good luck.

basstrackerman

Feb 15, 2007
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
M6 is a super great detector. Only thing i dont like is no volume control. Thats it. The new mx5 is a beast! Very good detector basically an mxtpro turned fully digital. And has volume control

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
M6? Huh? Whatcha talkin about Willis? Never heard of it. Silver? What silver? Never found any. Never found any gold, relics, coins, jewelry, nothing. Let me know if anyone selling theirs.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only complaint I have with the M6 is the cheap toggle switch they used for the pinpointer. Mine broke on me last week and I suck at soldering, especially small things.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The only complaint I have with the M6 is the cheap toggle switch they used for the pinpointer. Mine broke on me last week and I suck at soldering, especially small things.

Go to Radio Shack,I replaced mine,$2.65,you got a soldering iron you got it made!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread