Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was 40 degrees and sunny so I headed out for a little detecting with my two sons, 7 and 5. (We are on Spring Break this week.) A neighbor has a home with 100 acres for sale that we have access to until it is sold. We searched the open field and only found one nail. We moved into the woods and soon had a solid iron signal. We had a good laugh when we pulled out the head of a coal shovel. A while later we got another signal, dug down, and found our first horseshoe. It was one of many items on our "wish list." Now my boys are really excited. Not 15 minutes later, another signal, which I predicted was something large. We dug and VOILA, a second larger horseshoe, complete with a few nails. Well, we were pretty happy and gradually worked our way home for lunch. I think these two young men may be hooked for life. :wink:

p.s. After talking to a neighbor we now believe the smaller horseshoe is actually a mule shoe.
Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• treasure07-08 001comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 001comp.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 551
  • treasure07-08 005comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 005comp.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 548
  • treasure07-08 004comp.jpg
    treasure07-08 004comp.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds :thumbsup:

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just imagine what a thrill it was for your boys to make those finds.
A great time and happy memories for them when they grow up. I found a horseshoe today too,
WTG Anne--- :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that's a big shovel! :o Congrats on the horseshoes! 8) Sounds like you and those boys had a fun day!

Nana :)

bluestem

Jun 11, 2007
That's a big horseshoe, too. You gonna hang those for luck? I bet your boys had a blast.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice hunt and some cool finds Congrats, sounds like the boys had fun and you can't beat that WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions