THE FINGER OF FATE

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they can name that huge gold nugget "The hand of fate," surely this montser 4 POUND copper nugget should be named "The Finger of Fate." Stare at it awhile, see if you don't see what I see...

Anyways, out today in some JUNKY areas, all day long the meter is pegged "dollar"...including the monster copper nugget. The 99th million "dollar" signal later, flip over another massive plug, get ready to start another crater to retrive more deep junk...sweep hole and signal is gone. Pick up plug and there she is, that shinny reeded edge sticking out. 1941-S Walker :-)

Pic 1 is "The Finger of Fate" nugget with today's walker to show the massive scale of this thing. Maybe I should keep the nugget in my pocket for good luck from now on?

Attachments

• ff1.jpg
    ff1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 894
  • ff2.jpg
    ff2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to see that you're still at it, Jimi! Nice coin! :)

Would that happen to be a regular finger of fate...or the infamous fickle finger of fate??

Attachments

• Laugh-In Fickle Finger of Fate-765286.jpg
    Laugh-In Fickle Finger of Fate-765286.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 816
OP
OP
diamondjim

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing this is the "other" finger of fate.

Not sure this is "slag" as such...the stuff skimmed off the top in the process of refining...this looks more like over pour from casting. It's solid metal, I ground down one small corner to see what's inside...solid shinny copper. The entire "nugget" could be polished to penny red, but looks pretty cool as is.

Like I said, big "dollar" hits all day long...I dig them anyways to haul to recyclers...but I think I'll keep this one.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D You gonna have to have a big pocket for that good luck charm! :o

AWESOME on the Walker!! 8) Congrats!! Nana

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one - did you have to tighten your belt a few notches to stop your trousers from falling down when you put "the finger of fate" in your pocket.

I think I must have rubbed the wrong one - I've put on a few pounds since Christmas - I must have been dealing with the "finger of fat" :tongue3:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, very cool piece of copper! If it's too big for your pocket you could
polish it up and hang it on the mirror of your car. . . (just don't stop too fast)

:thumbsup:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice slag... I found thi rock out in Joshua Tree Nat'l Park... Kinda the same idea. Also a pic of who I think is doing the flippin.

PLL

Attachments

• fingerrock.JPG
    fingerrock.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 483
  • homerrock2.JPG
    homerrock2.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 485

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe what you've found is a copper obelisk to the international sign of displeasure.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! :thumbsup:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice copper nugget! That is really quite a find in my opinion. I was just watching "Cash & Treasures" on the Travel Channel the other night and they were mining/chiseling for copper. Those copper nuggets can catch quite a pocket full of money! That is a really cool find and I would definitely keep it if I were you! :wink: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread