lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Double O Gold" License to swish

From the land of the Bluenose.....

Double "O" Gold....License to Swish (Tuesday)

The home office at the airport was in chaos as the primary security line had been breached! The Man from "B.E.A.R." (battling everywhere animals roam) was called in as the black bear had been seen inside the fence and caused an active runway to be closed for a rad. A trap was set using a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken as bait. At last report two security personnel had been caught and a pilot was seen on taxiway "Alfa" running with a bucket under his arm.

It was just another typical day at the airport! Once off duty I raced home, changed and was in a local lake before one could blink. Little did I know what was in store as my "License to Swish" had be renewed. One scoop gold another scoop gold and yet another...a junker. One of the rings I'll have to take to "Q" to be deciphered (could use your help on these hallmarks).
P7060017.jpg

P7060013.jpg

When this off duty mission was completed I had bagged 2 gold rings, a junker ring, earing, a Canada pin and 19 coins @ $8.09. Successful action in a hostile environment!
P7060020.jpg

Of course the sunset as viewed from Dad's place was spectacular as was the company as my brother Darren and family where visiting from Ontario and other points.
P7050009.jpg

Our Man Navy Davy in Guatemala (Wednesday)

It seemed like ages since ND and I had been out doing the dew so the dew we did dew. My visiting relatives were on a South Shore trip and Marie was at work so time was not an issue. What was an issue me bouy was the heat as ND and I found out after a half hour at a local playing field. Worse than the heat was the Kamikaze horseflies which seemed to delight in hitting you from all sides at once. ND dug up a rare first ...A Guatemalan coin and added 27 others to the abbreviated dig from which we were forced to retreat.
P7050010.jpg

As for this veteran of the "Sky Wars" a key , fun zone token and a quota of 59 coins @ $10.29 was added to the Back to the UK fund.
P7060022.jpg

Trunk Full of Garrett (Thursday)
They would not take no for an answer so I gave in! Loaded Ottos' trunk with Garretts and headed to Dad to pick up niece Carly (home from Korea), nephew Josh (home from university) and his girl friend Liz for a day of "detecting" 101.
P7060013-1.jpg

Was a fun day with the Garretts merrily chirping and the students finding coins. Carly dug a nice Penguin dewy using a Freedom 3 Plus . I would locate a target and they would pinpoint and dig it up. Was another learning day curve also for this bouy with the AT Pro.
P7070018.jpg

Dad out did himself later that night as we had a massive BBQ and even my daughter Kayla showed up.

Hooked on Gold (Friday)

Picked up Marie and away we went. I with the Garretts and her with another Danielle Steel.
P7030005.jpg

P7030003.jpg
hitting one swishing spot....then another!
P7050006.jpg

At the second lake hit a nice fishing lure just laying on the bottom......imagine having that stuck in a foot and another reason why it is always good to wear crocks when in the water. Shortly after that find I hooked onto a sweet little gold ring!
P7070020.jpg

Fun day with the Hunny Bunny.
P7070022.jpg

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Double O Gold" License to swish

nice gold day!!!! MR TUFF

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great job on the gold

davesx

Aug 27, 2006
essex, england

The hallmarks are british,
the anchor is the mint mark for birmingham,18 carat gold and there should be
a letter mark for the year.
Dave.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice post Leslie! Makes me want to get my Fisher 1280 out and put on the wetsuit. HH, Mike

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Nice gold rings.
Congrats
Dman

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great gold ring finds there Les! :notworthy:

Man I've got to use my discrimination more after seeing all the Loonies & Toonies you find man! :laughing7:

I always seem to find a ton of coppers and only occasionally a buck or two! :'(

Loved reading the "Bear at the Airport" story and seeing the family hunting pics! :thumbsup:

Dave

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice rings...congrats! :thumbsup:
H

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other

Great Hunt!
Love all those hallmarks on the Oldie :thumbsup:

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Enjoyed the post. Looks like you had fun living it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread