Double Silver today, including my first Franklin

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
It's nice when plan A fails and you end up with a plan B that happens to pan out. After my unsuccesful attempt to contact the owner of 2 freshly torn down houses, i resorted to driving around and ended up getting permission on an apartment building built in the 40's with a moderate sized yard. My 3rd signal of the day turned out to be the '54 rosie, and then a few modern coins. Near the front corner of the yard i got a nice 90's hit on the MXT that showed half dollar, and i pretty much shrugged it off as large trash..................because we all know that rarely you ever get a half dollar hit and it turn out to be something good

Attachments

• IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0813.JPG
    IMG_0813.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going on the Franklin. That coins still eludes me after all these years. I have colonials, Spanish silver, dozens of large cents, Barber halfs, Walking liberty halfs, Kennedy halfs but no Franklin half. There must be one out there for me somewhere !

M

mikusek

If my B plans turned out that well, I would smile..... I'm sure you are..... :laughing7:

OP
OP
Missouri_John

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I've had a weird journey with silver halves. I'm finding mine in the reverse order that most find them. My first silver half was a seated, then a barber, then a walker.......now i'm waiting on a silver Kennedy

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coins John. I always wanted to find one of those "Bugs Bunny" Franklins although i really don't know why as I rarely hunt coins at all. Congrats, Quindy.

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Occassionaly, the 'tector tells the truth, the whole truth and nuttin but..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions