Silver n Wheats !!

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would try a short 5 hour hunt before the rain came. I tried a new spot and nothing but clad, So I headed over to my favorite wheaty field that always gives me a few wheats, Sure Enough I dig my signal and out pops another wheaty! I headed down a small trail that I have walked numerous times, and got a 78 vdi on the DFX, I thought hmm mabe another wheat, nope a dime then I flipped it over and saw 1957! sweet my second Silver in almost one week, it kills me how many times I have been at this spot and It keeps Producing, I hit some other spots That I have hit in the past and got 3 more wheats taking my total to 26 for the year, I also dug the big 50 cal round but think I may get rid of it, not to sure how stable these things are especially since this one is from 1943.

Attachments

• IMG_6866.jpg
    IMG_6866.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0
M

mikusek

You could drill it and empty the powder, then ignite the primer. Looks like you had a good hunt.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_thumright:

ah - it's an old round- just don't hit the bottom- no worries it could sit on a shelf for another 100 years and never cause you an issue (you need pressure provided by a barrel- even if you had a fire, with out pressure it would just pop.) They used to burn old ammo up at the ranges all the time. no worries that is a very cool find! (and the silver is great also!!!) congrats man! :icon_thumright:

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Van. More silver. It still eludes me. I got a single wheatie in NY, byt the ground was frozen and with the snow and low low temps made it hard to dig.

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, We need to see some of your finds. We know you are holding out. We need something to keep us going...

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Good to see you're pulling up some of that Washington silver, van! 26 silver count so far this year? That's doing pretty good. Keep it up! I miss my huntin' grounds up there!

Ray

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drill that .50 or just leave it alone. The brass case won't spark when you drill and you can make a neat dangler for your rear view mirror!

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No spot is ever dug out ! Great score !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
windage said:
Drill that .50 or just leave it alone. The brass case won't spark when you drill and you can make a neat dangler for your rear view mirror!
Hey detected this about 20 years ago. Maybe someone got ticketed for dangling this off their rear-view mirror!

Attachments

• big dangler.JPG
    big dangler.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 414

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Always love silver and wheats