Dousing rods? Whats the big idea? Do they work:

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that they have been used to find water and artifacts for hundreds and hundreds of years and I just watched "America unearthed" on history channel where this guy was unearthing artifact after artifact with nothing but two coper rods! No scientific explanation but it's been working! Anyone ever try this? Explained and discus please. I just bought a at pro did my gf waist her money and should go get coper rods lol (kidding).

Upvote 2

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club of us common folk. Nice post! ;)
When I Said Common, I Actually Meant ''come on'' . Thats Just The Country In Me. I Tend To Blend Words haha

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I Said Common, I Actually Meant ''come on'' . Thats Just The Country In Me. I Tend To Blend Words haha

Awwwww shuckins! Y'all dasn't mean it! Y'all is from the south too! Wa'al now don't that somethin'! LOL

:icon_thumright:

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awwwww shuckins! Y'all dasn't mean it! Y'all is from the south too! Wa'al now don't that somethin'! LOL

:icon_thumright:
Im To Country To Figure Out If Your Making Fun Of Me Or Just Playing... So Ill Like Your Post anyways

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im To Country To Figure Out If Your Making Fun Of Me Or Just Playing... So Ill Like Your Post anyways

Oh my GOODNESS!! Almost everything I said in here has been light! I would NEVER make fun of anyone! LOL Naw, I was just showing how much south I am too. Only, pretense keeps me from letting fly! I enjoy having a bit of fun here, isn't that what it's really about? :)

I liked yours as well! LOL

Happy New Year!!

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also read where one couple successfully used them on the beach to find rings and stuff.

Oh, I too have read many stories of outstanding find being made. BUT, in all my years, I have never seen this happen. I actually tried dowsing over 30 years ago, and like I said in my earlier post, I do feel that there is something to it, but I'm not convinced of all the stories I have read. Think about this one thing. If the most famous dowser makers/sellers goes out hunting, and takes his metal detector, and NOT his dowsing rods, what does this tell you?

There are many things in life that are unexplainable. Just because they can't be scientifically explained, doesn't mean that they are not so. I understand this. BUt again, I have never seen these find anything with my own eyes. I have gone to sites over the years with dowsers, and for some reason, there always seems to be an excuse as to why it just wouldn't work.

maxpower

Apr 29, 2005
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to think it was a bunch of hooey but after trying it and seeing results there is something to it I have tried it many times with regards to finding water I was also able to locate my D box for my septic system ill keep an open mind with regards to the ability to find other objects if you don't believe it then so be it but I know there's more to it

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Metal Detectors work!!! Only Dousing Rods work!!! Do you have to see something to know it works? Can you believe in something if you haven't seen it? ABSOLUTELY Yes!!! I have never seen Jesus Christ, but I BELIEVE!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now dowsing = religion? That is priceless! Metal detectors are a fact. They are KNOWN to work. It doesn't matter if someone beside you doesn't believe, they still find metal if it is within the detecting field of the coil. The forums and magazines are filled with finds made by metal detectors. There are countless youtube videos where you can watch people actually find coins and relics with them. dowsing rods? I have seen a lot of videos of people following them. I have seen a lot of videos of people digging where the dowser indicates, but I have never seen treasure unearthed as a result.

Personally, I'm not concerned with whether or not a person can find water with dowsing rods, I don't go metal detecting for water. I don't see dowsing rods advertised for finding water, it's always treasure.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've personally used rods to locate septic drain field lines. (PVC) . They will get you fairly close.
Just using 2 marking flags.
But never had them work on metallic targets

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Motto, "If it works for you, Use it". My latest addition to my family, a very small long hair Chihuahua, found a 1.29 gram nugget I had misplaced. Presuming she has a taste for Gold, I'll take her hunting with me this weekend and find out. LOL.

HH
MariposaGold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread