Down to One Detector-Teknetics Omega

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
I have been detecting since 1996 and almost every day since I retired in May, 2007. I recently sold all of of my detectors except one, the Omega. This is my second Omega and I knew it was a more than capable detector. For the last two weeks, I have detected all most all of my old spots and every time out, the Omega has gained my confidence. I am finding coins mixed in with trash, coins at depths the high end detectors shined, and extremely comfortable detecting experience. This detector is light, responsive, accurate, and deep. This morning I found a deep mercury dime that was inches away from a rusty nail. I have not found a silver coin from this site in nearly two years. Also, I found three deep(8 inches) wheat pennies. The Omega is earning my trust and when anyone goes detecting, they want to feel that whatever they are swinging will find what is in the ground. I feel like the Omega will do just that.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RL
I agree The Omega is one good deep machine,light and easy to use...great on relics and coins...as deep as my Fisher CZ 5 but better disc.
Gary

redmule

Greenie
Jun 6, 2013
Western Maryland
Detector(s) used
omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been detecting since 1996 and almost every day since I retired in May, 2007. I recently sold all of of my detectors except one, the Omega. This is my second Omega and I knew it was a more than capable detector. For the last two weeks, I have detected all most all of my old spots and every time out, the Omega has gained my confidence. I am finding coins mixed in with trash, coins at depths the high end detectors shined, and extremely comfortable detecting experience. This detector is light, responsive, accurate, and deep. This morning I found a deep mercury dime that was inches away from a rusty nail. I have not found a silver coin from this site in nearly two years. Also, I found three deep(8 inches) wheat pennies. The Omega is earning my trust and when anyone goes detecting, they want to feel that whatever they are swinging will find what is in the ground. I feel like the Omega will do just that.

What coil are you using and what settings are you using.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread