Dowsing difficulty

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to dowse this area for some time now but with no luck. I decided to post this and see if I can get any help from the dowsing community.
Local urban legend is that a gentlemen passed away sometime ago and as was the custom, kept his small fortune buried in a small pot basically in his back yard. Some claim it to be a myth, some that it was taken away by his own family, and still others claim it was found and removed by lucky diggers. Nonetheless the idea fascinates me.
Please take the time to dowse this map. Considering he was alive during the late 1800's during the heart of the gold rush, I think it would be useful to focus on gold or silver coinage.
thank you in advance.

Attachments

• map 1.JPG
    map 1.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Nature Nate

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, L-rods, Pendulums
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning,

I wanted to think you for your insight on my last post titled “Then there was light”. I had researched a little into the string theory about 3 years ago. I didn’t realize just how close the practice of dowsing was related???

Anyway, I wanted to let you know this is the first map I’ve dowses for anyone besides myself. I am not going to add a marked up map because I feel it force ideas in the mind. I know I’m crazy!!

Although what I’m sensing are many accounts of small amounts of scattered bit of fine gold all along the west side of the tree line that runs through the middle of the map. Is this location known to be Gold bearing? Sure getting something sensed but faint from my perspective. Then to my discovery after a few repeated runs with the same zoned-in location, I discover the strongest signal is located right of the road called (Prospect Ave.). I thought this might have been a coinkidink!!! So I read all the other streets after I was through noticing none of them had anything to do with Gold besides Treasure Road? Of course it falls in line with Prospect road, Hum?

Typically with allot town they grow from the inside out or from east to west or south to north. So after I dowsed I tried again thinking that this man lived in the area of the town and probably didn’t go far with his loot. So I after some time I gave up. Even though I was focused on the side of the map I couldn’t keep the signal on the east side of the trees.

The strongest signal I got was about a two acre plot starting about 60 to 80yard to from the center of the back of the house located off Prospect Ave. The reading was the strongest in about 45% towards the road it’s self. To be safe I would search the full area behind the home. Unfortunately it’s probably like all other property…private!!!

Hope this may help!!!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been trying to dowse this area for some time now but with no luck. I decided to post this and see if I can get any help from the dowsing community.
You really should turn off the street names when you post a map. It took me 30 seconds to figure out exactly where you were looking. If I were you I would delete your post and post again without any ID points. Too bad it is 541 miles from my place, others might live a lot closer.

OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nature Nate,
thank you in advance for your help. Yes you are correct, this area was historically a mining town. I have never been down prospect ave because most of that land is private property but what you say makes sense. After reading what you said I wonder if my map was not big enough, so I posted a larger map. I was also following someone else' advice to remove the landmarks and names. If you have time can you give this larger map a try. I will start my search along the area you mentioned, but I just have a feeling what I am looking for should stand out like a sore thumb. Then again it could already be missing. The historical record shows the town, the family and even a party of Russian investors searched for this at one time. They could have found it and not reported it.
thanks again.

Cyberdan,
You are correct, I guess I should not assume everyone out there is as nice or fair natured as I am. My mistake, and thank you for the advice. I won't be making that mistake again.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
As one who dowses maps I like to have the information on the maps....I have 3 mapping programs on my computer..Sometimes I like to get a better map or move off the map if I think I can get results...Art

OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art, I agree.
I emailed you the location.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I spent a lot of time Dredging over on Butte Creek..I found a Natural Cave with a small treasure in it..the entrance is covered by wood with iron attached..It is 8 feet from a marked tree..Art

red.jpg 112.jpg

OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish California still allowed dredging, I found a little bit of color on Cottonwood Creek and Toomes Creek but without being able to dig down to bed rock or dredge, nothing worth keeping.
I tried again today and got a couple hits but not in the area you pointed out.

The next time I get a chance to drive out that way I'll have a look.
Thanks again Art.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old musket ball inside of a hollow log! Not much of a treasure but hopefully this is just the beginning. I'm going to continue the search with some friends and hope for the best.
Thanks again and if anything else comes up I'm willing to take all the help I can get.
mel

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a good but deep hit at the red spot. Marked some raw gold signals in yellow, orange mostly for other raw gold spots, but includes the hits that could be coins. Green for archaeological type signals. White circle, the type of hit could be old diggings or a tunnel/cave.

Attachments

• map 1-magnetorque.JPG
    map 1-magnetorque.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've conducted a fairly thorough search with no luck yet.
Anyone want to double check their dowsing results?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, checked again.....still get raw gold at the yellow spots marked as raw gold. Other mostly raw gold spots, marked in orange, still get raw gold, these type signals could, possibly turn out to be a man made gold object. The white, I marked that as a possible old diggings site, at some sites, a signal like that can indicate an entrance. That leaves the deep signal at the red circle. Often I mark these as deep coins or artifacts of value, I get about 5-6 ft deep on it. I was reluctant to use the word cache on this one. Green is for old stuff or archaeological, includes non-metallic objects also.

OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only location I haven't expended is the white, I actually get a hit when field dowsing in that location. However, it leads me directly to a $250,000 home that was built over a very old homesteaders cabin. I feel there is something there, however, how do you convince a home owner to tear up their foundation on their home.
The red seems promising, however on account of the depth and the rain we had to give up. In the spring we'll continue that digging venture.
thank you Red Desert,

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"very old homesteaders cabin"
I see, that sounds like it may have been potentially promising, except now the site is off limits.:dontknow:

Yeah, rain can sure make it messy to dig.

OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Desert,
What can you tell me about the differences in dowsing results from individual to individual. I know in field dowsing after a little bit of practice peoples copper rods, or willow branch will react at the same location. From what I can tell, either you can dowse or you can't, but the results are always the same and consistent. In theory map dowsing is just an extension of field dowsing so shouldn't people at least come up with similar results? Any insight into why or rather how dowsers get different results or possible locations when map dowsing?
thank you,
mel

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In field dowsing signals are strong from distance on large targets. To give an example, at Crater of Diamonds State park. I came back with my car loaded down with the diamond ore, both the hard enough to slice specimens and the soft weathering. I'll attach a photo of the soft green. After spending a couple days making trips often to the car, extra large black gold pan heaping full.....the main geologists took me in showing me geological maps. A more recent geological survey, they discovered 2 additional diamond pipes were formed during after eruptions. The southern smaller pipe comes into the mine field right exactly the spot I dowsed, giving me all the ore. I had the same spot marked in my map dowsing before the trip. This signal over powered everything else in the area for nearly 300 feet. There was a guy running a barrel sifter, another guy digging for him.....just downhill from me. It was noisy hearing them work, but I had the exact spot marked on my map for their location at home also. Now both locations seemed to over power the others in that area. Map dowsing can locate smaller signals without the interference you get with on site dowsing. But to answer your question about different dowsers, yes what they think a target might be, can be interpreted differently by each dowser.

Attachments

• Lamproite_ore1.JPG
    Lamproite_ore1.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 134

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I won’t speak for the other dowsers...I am a physical dowser when it comes to using rods...In map dowsing I am a mental dowsers..
~magnetorque~
Red Desert,
What can you tell me about the differences in dowsing results from individual to individual.
I feel that we all feel we are better at dowsing certain things...If the answers I get from the questions interest me I continue the map
I know in field dowsing after a little bit of practice peoples copper rods, or willow branch will react at the same location. From what I can tell, either you can dowse or you can't, but the results are always the same and consistent.
I don’t think that is correct
In theory map dowsing is just an extension of field dowsing so shouldn't people at least come up with similar results?
Gee...then how come I know some map dowsers who do not field dowse?
Any insight into why or rather how dowsers get different results or possible locations when map dowsing?
thank you,
Map dowsing is all about the questions you ask..I know that my knowledge of some kinds of relics and Indian relics is very limited, so I seldom dowse for them because I don’t know the proper questions...I know from the people who’s maps I have done what I am good at finding so I try to stick with those subjects..Art

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i went back and rechecked my 2 places they are still the same.....when field dowsing,you will be hitting the south ring,of the target,where i marked it, in blue ,....it is where you will get the signal,it will not be the target.....the target will be north of it.the (south ring) will be stronger than the target,that is map 1.JPG why most people give up on dowsing,empty hole. only way to get you on target is a GPS and you need to keep that to yourself,very few people you can trust now day's.

OP
OP
M

magnetorque

Greenie
Jan 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art and Okiedowser,
Thank you both. You are correct it is very frustrating to be able to physical dowse and not get results map dowsing. Maybe I am one of those you speak of and although I can dowse for water will never be able to map dowse or dowse for artifacts. I will still keep trying though.
I will practice the techniques you speak of and will keep you all posted. So far we have collected one musket ball and a couple small fragments of cast iron from this search. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread