Dowsing for gold veins

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Oddly enough, this definition would also seem to indicate that dowsers are prejudiced against rational thought in regards to the scientific explanations of dowsing. No matter how much rational influence dowsers are exposed to, they maintain their unreasonable attitude about dowsing.
http://www.philosophypages.com/lg/e15.htm
Use your big boy words, Art.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:
Obviously I didn't make myself clear. Wikipedia isn't a member of this forum. You are. Can you think for yourself?
Oh no, wait. I get it now. Art doesn't understand the definition he quoted himself. Try this. Read the definition again, sound out the bigger words or ask someone for help, then get back with us.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
af1733 said:
af1733 said:
aarthrj3811 said:
Obviously I didn't make myself clear. Wikipedia isn't a member of this forum. You are. Can you think for yourself?
Oh no, wait. I get it now. Art doesn't understand the definition he quoted himself. Try this. Read the definition again, sound out the bigger words or ask someone for help, then get back with us.
Oh, fine. We don't have that much time anyway. I'll help you out this one last time.

"In its original usage, the word prejudice referred to a prejudgmental racial statement of ill doing, or a radical evaluation or decision made before the facts of a case could be properly determined and weighed."

Art, this part means that you pass judgement about someone or something, based on a preconceived notion, before you fully understand that person or thing.

This usage was subsequently broadened to include any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence.

This one is more complex, so I'll simplify it for you:

"any unreasonable attitude that is unusually resistant to rational influence."
example:

If someone says ,"I thing that war is a good thing because it keeps the population low, and nobody can change my mind,"
this person "unreasonably believes" that death is good, and is "resistant" to change his mind, even though most "rational" people believe violent death is not a good thing.

Or......

Dowsers "unreasonably" believe that dowsing works, despite the fact that "rational" thinkers have long since dismissed it as a viable tool, and these dowsers are "resistant" to this "rational" thought.

So you see, even though I can only assume you posted a link to "misquote" in reference to me, you are incorrect in that you didn't even understand the definition of "prejudice."

Words are good, even those big ones, right Art?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dowsing isn't as easy as you people might think. Yesterday I went to a swimming hole, people were still there, but I checked for a Carbon signal, and was suprised to see one, leading into the water of course. Then I checked with gold, and Bam, right on the same line. It's Jewelry for sure!!! Have to get that some time. After that I drove in far on a 2 track i never checked before, and got lucky again, 4 Nickle signals, I'm talking Element not coin, 4 Meteorites all in a single line 100yds long, but again too deep, 5 ft. this time.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is pretty amazing, to know that I can find any Treasure out there, from a distance of 2 miles. Don't think their everywhere near where I live, cause their not.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
If it isn't written, it's not yours; are you on the same page? Time divination anyone? Seeing through the mind of one deceased, wandering, unable to let go of his find, waiting lost and attached in a love hate relationship with a treasure yet uncovered. Only happens the first time you enter a new location. Something like the mystery of the prospector who finds a hoard, marks it and carefully tracks away from it only to return and never find it again. Springs vanish, groves of trees no longer exist, yet your own tracks from the previous trip lead you to the same area. Mysterious......... ???

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Jerry Laden said:
dowser said:
Dowsing isn't as easy as you people might think. Yesterday I went to a swimming hole, people were still there, but I checked for a Carbon signal, and was suprised to see one, leading into the water of course. Then I checked with gold, and Bam, right on the same line. It's Jewelry for sure!!! Have to get that some time. After that I drove in far on a 2 track i never checked before, and got lucky again, 4 Nickle signals, I'm talking Element not coin, 4 Meteorites all in a single line 100yds long, but again too deep, 5 ft. this time.

This anecdotal accounting has all the earmarks of the classic; "I found this, that and the other thing with my dowsing rods, but alas, decided to NOT dig any of it up".

It appears from your own words that "dowsing" is really easy. It's the digging, and recovery that seems to be the really hard part. One might even say impossible.

Has anyone else noticed that the best (and largest quantity) treasures lie just on the other side of a 30 foot high, electrified fence, which surrounds well-guarded and highly secret government-owned land. ::)

Darn! ;D ;D ;D
My thoughts exactly, Jerry. Another amazing "found it but didn't dig it up" story from a dowser.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Twisted Fork said:
If it isn't written, it's not yours; are you on the same page? Time divination anyone? Seeing through the mind of one deceased, wandering, unable to let go of his find, waiting lost and attached in a love hate relationship with a treasure yet uncovered. Only happens the first time you enter a new location. Something like the mystery of the prospector who finds a hoard, marks it and carefully tracks away from it only to return and never find it again. Springs vanish, groves of trees no longer exist, yet your own tracks from the previous trip lead you to the same area. Mysterious......... ???
What's mysterious is why you call yourself Twisted Fork, rather than "Moon Unit."

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad somebody's reading my true stories and replying, even if you are skeptics. Did I mention I can Dowse Diamonds yet?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
dowser said:
I'm glad somebody's reading my true stories and replying, even if you are skeptics. Did I mention I can Dowse Diamonds yet?
I'm sure you can. Didn't you mention you can dowse carbon at one point or another?

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
I know a place in the desert that would scare af so bad that he would run home crying, being as that is what happens to folks who go there and without enough smarts to believe in the dead.

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I use Carbon to signal Carbon. One time I had a long distance Carbon target, which I was surprised at how big the signal was. I had to wait until the next weekend and go after it from a different direction. It was about a half mile walk from where I parked, and I could only wonder what it could be. When I got there it was exposed on the side of a hill, and it was a 4 inch wide vein, of black extra sparkly rock. Seeing it wasn't Diamonds, even though it sparkled like them, I chipped some chunks and went home. After I looked it up in a rock book, It was easily identified as Mica Schist, which consists of Graphite, and their was my Carbon.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Twisted Fork said:
I know a place in the desert that would scare af so bad that he would run home crying, being as that is what happens to folks who go there and without enough smarts to believe in the dead.
Why are you still posting here, Twisted? Give it up already. ???
We're talking about dowsing and Twisted starts talking about the dead. Try this on for size.

I grew up in a funeral home. I've been well acquainted with death since I was three. Try waking up and walking into your garage only to see a corpse lying on a gurney with a five foot wide pool of blood beneath it and then talk to me about fear. Try getting up at 4 am to help your father at an accident scene where two men drove underneath a semi, and you get to dig both their heads out from the backseat. You don't know fear till you get to look into the face of a man that died alone in a metal building in July in Texas and wasn't discovered for three weeks.

Don't talk to me about death.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
dowser said:
Yes, I use Carbon to signal Carbon. One time I had a long distance Carbon target, which I was surprised at how big the signal was. I had to wait until the next weekend and go after it from a different direction. It was about a half mile walk from where I parked, and I could only wonder what it could be. When I got there it was exposed on the side of a hill, and it was a 4 inch wide vein, of black extra sparkly rock. Seeing it wasn't Diamonds, even though it sparkled like them, I chipped some chunks and went home. After I looked it up in a rock book, It was easily identified as Mica Schist, which consists of Graphite, and their was my Carbon.
So you basically found a rock you weren't looking for??

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes as I mentioned in the past, Dowsers have to deal with trash also, it's just different kind, than Lead, Bottlecaps, Pulltabs, and Rusty stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions