Dowsing questions

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This object being charged by the last hand that touched it. Why wouldn't the object take on its own charge?
How about gold, silver or platinum? Do they have a charge?
If they are in a glass jar or a metal box is there a charge involved?
How many different things can affect the way ground is charged?
If ground is disturbed does that cause a discernable anomaly?
If its water does it have to be in motion?
Finally. How about bait? Does it work on the baited object or anything else with the same charge?
How about a pendulum rather than rods?
Nicholas

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
This object being charged by the last hand that touched it. Why wouldn't the object take on its own charge?
I would say that close to 100% of gold has never been touched
Each have their own frequency that they respond too..
Makes no difference
The other minerals in the ground may cause a problem
No
No
Finally. How about bait? Does it work on the baited object or anything else with the same charge?
Bait for gold and that is what you will locate

A pendulum works good for me when dowsing maps but in the field it is not as easy as rods
This is how it works for me

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ther's a lot of complicated "New Age" stuff that may or may not pertain to dowsing. If you do a good meditation you don't need to be concerned about chakras and crystals. I caution people about opening the chakras because when you open them you allow good and evil to enter. It's risky.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicholas

Can't remember a cool book I read on electrostatics. Most items get discharged when in contact with the ground, etc. especially in moist conditions but a few like PVC can take on a charge from the wind blowing dust on it. So the idea of detecting an object by it's static charge is just not going to be of much use.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Ther's a lot of complicated "New Age" stuff that may or may not pertain to dowsing. If you do a good meditation you don't need to be concerned about chakras and crystals. I caution people about opening the chakras because when you open them you allow good and evil to enter. It's risky.
Electrostatics is a branch of physics that deals with the phenomena and properties of stationary or slow-moving electric charges with no acceleration.
Since classical antiquity, it has been known that some materials such as amber attract lightweight particles after rubbing. The Greek word for amber, ήλεκτρον electron, was the source of the word 'electricity'. Electrostatic phenomena arise from the forces that electric charges exert on each other. Such forces are described by Coulomb's law. Even though electrostatically induced forces seem to be rather weak, the electrostatic force between e.g. an electron and a proton, that together make up a hydrogen atom, is about 36 orders of magnitude stronger than the gravitational force acting between them.
In Hindu and tantric/yogic traditions and other belief systems chakras are energy points or knots in the subtle body. They are located at the physical counterparts of the major plexuses of arteries, veins and nerves. Chakras are part of the subtle body, not the physical body, and as such are the meeting points of the subtle (non-physical) energy channels, called nadiis. Nadiis are channels in the subtle body through which the life force (prana), or vital energy moves. Various scriptural texts and teachings present a different number of chakras. There are many chakras in the subtle human body according to the tantric texts, but there are 7 chakras that are considered to be the most important ones.
A crystal or crystalline solid is a solid material whose constituent atoms, molecules, or ions are arranged in an ordered pattern extending in all three spatial dimensions. In addition to their microscopic structure, large crystals are usually identifiable by their macroscopic geometrical shape, consisting of flat faces with specific, characteristic orientations.

How is it risky?

Meditation is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit[SUP][1][/SUP] or as an end in itself.[SUP][2][/SUP]
The term meditation refers to a broad variety of practices (much like the term sports) that includes techniques designed to promote relaxation, build internal energy or life force (qi, ki, prana, etc.) and develop compassion,[SUP][3][/SUP] love, patience, generosity and forgiveness. A particularly ambitious form of meditation aims at effortlessly sustained single-pointed concentration[SUP][4][/SUP] single-pointed analysis,[SUP][5][/SUP] meant to enable its practitioner to enjoy an indestructible sense of well-being while engaging in any life activity.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long term, even items that are insulated like in a glass jar will slowly discharge through the air. Many times people think an item is charged when it really is only displaced--that is the charge will move to the other side so one side is positive and the other is negative. As soon as the influence is removed, the charge will balance again.

If you think about lightning, a cloud has a charge and as it moves, the ground underneath it is influenced sort of a static charge shadow. Once there is a lightning discharge within the cloud for instance, the ground charge will flow back into the area. This flow can kill someone who is touching a conductor.

Bill Beaty has some info on static charges. Can't recall the website name, but try science hobbyist good stuff.

Last edited:

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I like the comments. Still learning. Getting serious about dowsing.
Nicholas

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try and find the name of that electrostatics book but it's nothing to do with locating. BTW I was looking at Beaty's site and came across a polarity checker. You hook up a volt meter negative lead to ground and positive lead to a metal bowl or piece of cardboard covered with aluminum foil (so you get a large amount of surface area). Make sure the bowl or alum is insulated. Now move whatever you want to check polarity near the bowl and read the meter. Of course you should not touch the item, you must use something insulated to hold it.

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now i have doubt :icon_scratch:, i will ask to video author if his meditation opened/cleanse chakras and write it on the topic

About meditation, i have go deep only 3-4 times, but still not probe dowsing in this state because i forget it or i sleep :BangHead:
I prefer practice guided meditation until i feel relaxed/calm then stop, depends on the type of meditation, finally do dowsing.
.. sometimes i only do a excercise to get relax, like close the eyes and focus on breath/music/other until mind is calm :hello:

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you are a person: paranoid, nervous, very sentimental, very social, pragmatic ... cleanse your aura regularly!!

Make the test, cleanse your aura and balance the chakras (a cleanse with stones, crystals):
.. what happened with your "bad luck"?
.. what happened with some situations? that were repeated over and over again
.. how feels your body after the cleanse?
.. some people disappear from your life?

After cleaning, if you're still thinking/feeling negative or pragmatic things => change your thinking :rolleyes:
.. thoughts and feelings get trapped in the aura & attract "things"

Yes, a meditation help cleanse the aura :icon_thumright:
.. sorry, i only have links to videos/audios in spanish to publish here a good meditation

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
For me I just think about a movie I saw or a pleasant experience I have had and let the Rods work for me..Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now i have doubt :icon_scratch:, i will ask to video author if his meditation opened/cleanse chakras and write it on the topic

About meditation, i have go deep only 3-4 times, but still not probe dowsing in this state because i forget it or i sleep :BangHead:
I prefer practice guided meditation until i feel relaxed/calm then stop, depends on the type of meditation, finally do dowsing.
.. sometimes i only do a excercise to get relax, like close the eyes and focus on breath/music/other until mind is calm :hello:

Meditation teaches the pure, clear focus and expanded awareness. These are the exact requirements for any L-rod work.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Use any methods that helps you....If your not successful disregard that part...Remember..nothing is mandatory..I have dowsed with people who swore it was the gator -aid that made them good...I knew a one rod user that always had a beer in his free hand..I know a famous dowser that always put his bait in his mouth...I believe in just relaxing and having fun.....Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meditation teaches the pure, clear focus and expanded awareness. These are the exact requirements for any L-rod work.

I'm not talking about hypnosis or some kind of trance or anything like that. It's just keeping the mind on task without letting any distractions get in the way. It is my feeling that most people cannot put their emotions down--they want the gold so bad it blinds them to the task of watching for a rod response. It is so extremely simple most people are trying to out-think things and make it more complicated. But as simple as it is, it is way more difficult to achieve. As it is said, the mind is like a wild horse that cannot be controlled. It takes much practice to tame it. You can't do it in twenty minutes or two hours like some claim. I still struggle with it from time to time after nearly thirty-five years. That's why I say some form of meditation is essential. If you don't know where you are going you will never get there, and many people never get there. I know most people will say they can concentrate or focus just fine. Well, then why can't they dowse? Some people say they continually say the word "gold" with the hopes of getting some focus on it. That is a distraction. You just have to set it and forget it so to speak. Again, learning this takes lots of practice, way more than most people are willing to give.

As for the expanded awareness part of it, it's like somewhere way in the back of my mind I am waiting for the response, rod and body. I certainly am not dwelling on it, because again that is a distraction. The subconscious awareness for things like danger is always present but you don't know until something like a snake jumps out at you. Then you subconscious transmits this to your body before you are consciously aware of it. After you jump you ask "What happened?" then you see the snake. So it's the subconscious awareness and that takes time and lots of practice to develop.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breaking the emotional addictions was mentioned previously and is addressed in the book "Handbook To Higher Consciousness". I'm not going into that but it is a huge obstacle if you are like 99% of all people in the Western world.

When I helped people learn hang gliding, there was a term "intermediate syndrome" that everyone went through. Some of course ended in fatalities, but most just had a near miss and were jolted back to reality. Of course in dowsing the only fatality is going to be whether you can get past that point of die trying so to speak, give up altogether. To be honest there aren't but one, maybe two people on this forum who made it past that point. Art is not one of them. The ones that retaliate against me the most are the biggest offenders.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
To be honest there aren't but one, maybe two people on this forum who made it past that point. Art is not one of them. The ones that retaliate against me the most are the biggest offenders.
What are we offenders of?...Gee I see a lot of successful dowsers that come and go from this forum..I also see some who could not dowse their way out of a box...I learned at an early age that the mind can be controlled...It can be taught to control pain and anything that you want..All you have to do is allow it to do it’s job...Just because someone does not fit what you think they are your enemy. Have you every thought that just maybe you lack of dowsing skills is as simple as the fact that you keep trying to do it the way someone else does?...
...I believe in just relaxing and having fun.....
Real simple and is explained here.. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dowsing/10838-want-try-dowsing.html

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure people think I am picking on them, have some vendetta to settle. That's not me, that's them thinking that. Sure, I don't like to see the forums destroyed by the arrogant types. These are the ones with the intermediate syndrome. Like the 18 year-old know-it-all, some people people grow out of it, always have a chip on their shoulder.

I post what I've learned and like I said, I have studied almost all the famous dowsers. I probably spend about ten hours a week just reading and studying, and about twice that working with a rod. I really don't like to boast, I just want people to know I'm in this "all in". Just that one Supersensonics book is a compilation of over 150 different authors. They knew a hundred times more than the watered-down versions of today.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred Stewart says it's good you have some initial success, but that doesn't make you a dowser.

It takes years of study and daily practice. Some of those people who say they are "open-minded" speak with forked tongue. It's like the guy who used the skinhead avatar in hopes that some people would think he is a tough guy. Another one used an owl. LOL Remember that Steve Goodman song "Banana Republics" "...telling themselves the same lies that they told themselves back home."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread