Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A recent outing the SW miners and prospectors had, they asked everyone to bring their rock samples containing gold. The rocks went through a rock crusher, then the material run through Gold Cube which is a fine gold processing system. A demonstration at the outing was to show people how to make their own gold bars. I think they mentioned that gold bar molds or stamps were going to be used also.

I marked some secondary hits with yellow circles, might be worth checking out also. The titanium black sandstone in the Bighorn Basin is supposed to contain some gold in it, not sure how much. The conglomerate found in northern Wyoming has in certain locations, a significant amount of gold content.

Attachments

• house-chrspecrop.png
    house-chrspecrop.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a question. If I am wearing my wedding band while dowsing, does that affect anything? More sensitive, less?

I personally don't like to wear rings while dowsing, it has to do with the rods swinging and hitting them (usually put my ring in a pocket). I've seen where dowsers put a gold object in their mouth, it is to keep focused on gold (there are those who feel the gold object gives a witness to signals from other gold).

I would think a gold nugget pendant necklace or gold ring on a chain worn around the neck could work as a good dowsing signal witness. Here again, mental discrimination is best for me.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I experimented today with a higher power magnet on the dimmer and 1/4 turn blocked out the ring. On the first good day I will recirc sluice the 1/2 ounce area. gonna make a rock crusher this weekend.
I have three bags of the stuff in the garage I used for testing…They are all screened down to 220 mesh…I think there is about ¼ oz in the bags….go for the bigger gold as it is much easier to process…Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Mike That weight cancelling device is a fowl copy, a bogus attempt by someone who does not know what they are doing
. No…he just saved $150…..and no they all are all not perfect...Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's counterfeit. Yes, you can just use a potentiometer to null out your hands' polarity. I know how the device is supposed to be built but it's not mine to give out or steal.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
It's counterfeit. Yes, you can just use a potentiometer to null out your hands' polarity. I know how the device is supposed to be built but it's not mine to give out or steal.
No ….Thank you Mike for insulting me….If someone tells how to make it in a magazine how can you claim I am stealing?...Lets see now..I have the plans for making one sold to me by Bill Morgan….I own a device made by Dell…..I all so have a device called a Body Booster….My home made unit works just as well as these do …..Art

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's just call it "attempted theft" which is quite novice. Just because an idea that is not patented does not mean it's ethical to take it and post it on the internet even if the guy got it wrong. That's a skeptic tactic. It's bad Karma.

The guy is crippled and his wife is blind.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrspe

chrspe

Feb 13, 2014
Frannie, Wy
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Nokta Simplex, Minelab Gold Monster, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhoh, I just got done making a bunt cake pan gold separator similar to the blue bowl. I am running the concentrates from some of the 1/2 ounce hill through it right now.
Get out and find some gold!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Let's just call it "attempted theft" which is quite novice.
You said steal
Just because an idea that is not patented does not mean it's ethical to take it and post it on the internet even if the guy got it wrong.
What did the guy wrong?
That's a skeptic tactic.
Gee…I don’t think the guy was a skeptic….He had a lot of good ides
It's bad Karma.
What’s bad about my Karma?

( Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म; IPA: [ˈkarmə] ( listen); Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed;[SUP][1][/SUP] it also refers to the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.[SUP][2][/SUP] Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering.[SUP][3][4][/SUP] Karma is closely associated with the idea of rebirth in some schools of Asian religions.[SUP][5][/SUP] In these schools, karma in the present affects one's future in the current life, as well as the nature and quality of future lives [ˈkarmə] ( listen); Pali: kamma) means action, work or deed;[SUP][1][/SUP] it also refers to the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual.[SUP][2][/SUP] Good intent and good deed contribute to good karma and future happiness, while bad intent and bad deed contribute to bad karma and future suffering.[SUP][3][4][/SUP] Karma is closely associated with the idea of rebirth in some schools of Asian religions.[SUP][5][/SUP] In these schools, karma in the present affects one's future in the current life, as well as the nature and quality of future lives

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrspe

chrspe

Feb 13, 2014
Frannie, Wy
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To take a break from the quarrel....

In my quest to understand dowsing. Today I ran a 5 gallon bucket of classified material through the pan then through the homemade blue bowl. This was from the the area behind my house I was dowsing earlier in the week. I didnt find one speck of gold.
I then made a rock crusher, solid metal bar welded onto air chisel.
20140308_164709.jpg 20140308_164649.jpg
Crushed down one of the rocks I had a Lrod hit on in the earlier posts.
2014-2-5 17-24-28.jpg
I got about 8 colors out of it after panning.
20140308_171133.jpg 20140308_171541.jpg

I also crushed a random rock and panned and got no colors.

So my preliminary conclusion is. My Lrods led me to a rock. I removed the rock and the rods didnt cross. There was gold in the rock. I tried panning a bunch of material from a random spot, there was no gold.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
Let's just call it "attempted theft" which is quite novice. Just because an idea that is not patented does not mean it's ethical to take it and post it on the internet even if the guy got it wrong. That's a skeptic tactic. It's bad Karma.
Hey Signal, is'nt the idea on this thread to help folks out and not insult? It makes you look kinda
bad there podner. i hope you can also help if you have some good info. have a good weekend, 10claw

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that is how I would have done it. I tried doing that out at Quartzsite, AZ. Taking a gold pan, started putting some gravel from where the rods crossed, in it until a signal could be found in pan with the L-rods. It should work the same with gold in quartz rocks, but the signal would be gone from the hole after removed.

I've seen where guys on Nuggetshooter forum made their own rock crushers. Also have seen the ads for commercial crushers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrspe

chrspe

Feb 13, 2014
Frannie, Wy
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crusher I made above just pulverized it to dust in under a minute. Trouble would be lack of air compressor in the field.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That piece you broke open, the one found with the L-rods. I've enlarged it for a better look using my Paint Shop Pro software. I'd get piles of it if possible, use a fine gold recovery system, learn how to make gold bars. Might be interesting to see how they do it, was going to check on the Internet for a video.

Attachments

• 2014-2-5 17-24-28-ore1.jpg
    2014-2-5 17-24-28-ore1.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 2014-2-5 17-24-28-ore1B.jpg
    2014-2-5 17-24-28-ore1B.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 106

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey chrspe….Don’t throw that stuff away if the rods are still crossing….It takes a lot of that micro stuff to be visible and then it will look like it is painted on your pan… Use a few drops of wetting agent in your make shift blue bowl (I use liquid dish washer soap)….You can also put the stuff in a pan and heat it up and then dump in ice water to crack it open…..Sound s to me like you are having fun experimenting.
.Art

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrspe

chrspe

Feb 13, 2014
Frannie, Wy
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red and Art. I have 6 acres of that rock lying everywhere. I will continue to practice and stockpile all the ore I find and process it next winter. My main goal is to unwind on some of the gpaa claims in the Black Hills and in exploring the Bighorns this summer. I bought a motor home and am outfitting it with all my gear. Hoping that dowsing is just one more tool for the hunt.
Red, the area's on the pic you identified are my neighbors property, we use it for our horses, as soon as it dries up a bit I will check them out.

Art, the area you marked on the mountain pic is really close to an old mine described in an 1906 mining report on google books. It was supposed to be near the top of Kelly Creek. It had a 3 stamp mill but said it was not profitable to keep it going. Nearby goose creek gold assayed at $12 a ton in 1906. That equates to over $600 a ton today. Not sure how good that is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread