Draped Bust + Colonial Coppa Found 3 Minutes Apart!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum, :headbang: :hello2:

Wellllll, the "3 Datectateers" got out today for an awesome treasure hunt. The weatha was a superb super sunny day. :laughing3: I would have to say that it was super better than last week. :laughing9: :love10: The 3 self-proclaimed professionals decided to head to our super productive Colonial farm, folks! :laughing11: :headbang: Yup, we were kind of ticked off that the super nice farmer did not harvest anymore of his fields. :help: :laughing11: Folks, let me tell you, we have NOT hit our MAIN site yet, which, by the way, is on this farm. :headbang: :hello:

To make a long story short, we all began with our usual PASSION...it was super high! We started to sweep our ANALOGS in the area where Zeus dug the 3 coppas last week, including the Liberty Cap. ;D :headbang: But, after about 30 minutes, I noticed that we started to head to areas where our guts told us to go...no, I don't, literally, have a gut. ;D :laughing11:

I was detecting in an area where there were some nice patches of iron, when I was hit with a nice "Quarter" hit. I was soon super gibbon-like happy when I saw a large greenie in the doyt....a COPPA!!! :thumbsup: I yelled for Zoyboy to come over because I knew I had located a dweller's cabin. :headbang: The coin turned out to be a Draped Bust large cent! :headbang: I can see part of the date "180?" :icon_sunny: :thumbsup: Seriously, about 3 minutes later, I got a "P" on "Penny" hit. This one turned out to be a Colonial!!! :headbang: After a 10 minute tumble, I think I can see some da-tail, but it is hard to say. I know for a Colonial fact that it is a Colonial coppa! :hello2: :headbang: Oh, just to let some dudes know, these coins were found in the relative area where I dug my Lathing Hatchet!!! Wink, wink, wink! :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing11:

Folks, I was on a coppa streak here! ;D We all blitzed this area with our Colonial passion until the sun started to set in the west. :wink: Well, let me tell you, folks, this site is LOADED and we still have a few more fields to hit. :o :D We will be back there in the early morning manana! ;D Wish us luck! :thumbsup: :icon_pirat:

Keep your passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk :occasion14:
Coppas003.jpg

Coppas007.jpg

Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kirk. I see you found a couple of your uncles coppas :D :D Seriously though. You were overdue for a couple of greenies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Any idea at all on the colonial?? Congrats brother :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I didn't find any coins today myself but I did come up with an interesting "mini" axe head. I'm unsure of the age of it though. Get some more coppa.....and maybe some wilver tomorrow dude!!

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
Hey Kirk. I see you found a couple of your uncles coppas :D :D Seriously though. You were overdue for a couple of greenies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Any idea at all on the colonial?? Congrats brother :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I didn't find any coins today myself but I did come up with an interesting "mini" axe head. I'm unsure of the age of it though. Get some more coppa.....and maybe some wilver tomorrow dude!!

Evo,

Hey, man, this is my 3rd coppa from this site in two weeks. :wink: :) Our group has been yanking them out lately! :)

That greenie in the hole was my high for the day! :thumbsup: My passion couldn't be any higher at this Colonial moment in time.

Kirk :icon_sunny:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Now that's the typical "Colonial Kirk" finds I'd like to see!!!

Nice job, my friend, on your finds!! I wish you even more success on your return tomorrow!!

Keep The Passion As High As Ever!!

Analogs All The Way in PA !!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Now that's the typical "Colonial Kirk" finds I'd like to see!!!

Nice job, my friend, on your finds!! I wish you even more success on your return tomorrow!!

Keep The Passion As High As Ever!!

Analogs All The Way in PA !!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,

My friend, it is nice to hear from you! Buddy, I am suuuuper pumped now with these coppa finds. Our group, actually, has been pulling them out of the ground in record numbers. :)

I will probably stay up all night and think about this great hobby...who needs sleep when Colonials are in our future? :wink: :D

I must say, my passion has never dwindled! :wink: :)

Dan, keep your coil sweeping! :thumbsup:

Kirk

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Snoop Kirky Kirk. You are beginning to get consistent brotha. Colonial and early American is the s**t. It's what we are after. Now ...lets go back tomorrow and find some more. :icon_pirat: :icon_king:
Uncle Zeus

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Snoop Kirky Kirk. You are beginning to get consistent brotha. Colonial and early American is the s**t. It's what we are after. Now ...lets go back tomorrow and find some more. :icon_pirat: :icon_king:
Uncle Zeus

Looney, amen to that! :D

We must yank some more coppas out of this historic field! :thumbsup: There are more waiting! :thumbsup:

Hammmmond :D

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Looney, when I heard you yell out, "COPPA," I instantly thought to myself and then blurted out, "NARLEY." :D ;D :D OOOF You looney, you are one narley hunter...and I can bet the farm on that, you looney. OOOOF :D :D :D

Draped Busts out the ying yang recently, King George coppas out the you know what lately...the PA thunder is lasting, Iron Patch!!! :wink: ;D :wink:

Snicket :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Way to go big guy! :thumbsup: You are a true coppa magnet. Congrats to you three on hitting 37 this year. Looking forward to seeing 50 this year. Send one down this way would ya. :wink:
-Doug-
P.S. Did you or Chris take the batteries out of Kyles detector? :icon_scratch: ;D :wink:

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
Way to go big guy! :thumbsup: You are a true coppa magnet. Congrats to you three on hitting 37 this year. Looking forward to seeing 50 this year. Send one down this way would ya. :wink:
-Doug-
P.S. Did you or Chris take the batteries out of Kyles detector? :icon_scratch: ;D :wink:

Hey, Doug, thanks for the reply. It usually happens...we go on these droughts and then, BANG, coppa heaven! :D

Kyle has been in a slump. Even though he does have 10 coppas for the year along with TWO great Spanish wilvers, he still wants more. Would you blame him? :D He did find an 18th to 19th century buckle today. :wink: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Keep it high, man!

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Looney, when I heard you yell out, "COPPA," I instantly thought to myself and then blurted out, "NARLEY." :D ;D :D OOOF You looney, you are one narley hunter...and I can bet the farm on that, you looney. OOOOF :D :D :D

Draped Busts out the ying yang recently, King George coppas out the you know what lately...the PA thunder is lasting, Iron Patch!!! :wink: ;D :wink:

Snicket :D

I now have 3 Draped Busts this year. :o :D We make them look like clad. :tongue3: :tard:

Looney, we MUUUUST! OOOF

Kirkevans :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial KirkPA said:
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
-Doug-

Hey, Doug, thanks for the reply. It usually happens...we go on these droughts and then, BANG, coppa heaven! :D

Kyle has been in a slump. Even though he does have 10 coppas for the year along with TWO great Spanish wilvers, he still wants more. Would you blame him? :D He did find an 18th to 19th century buckle today. :wink: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Keep it high, man!

Kirk

I think Kyle's just giving you guys a head start before he comes out kicking some serious tail. ;D :wink:
Good luck for the rest of 08'. :icon_king:
-Doug-

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Another nice hunt from our neighbors to the West. Good hunt fellas. Good luck in the a.m.
Cya, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread