Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Gang,

Today at 4:30pm I was bored so I went across the street to my neighbors house to detect. He lives here and in DC so no one is home alot.

I wandered around a bit and hit 10-15 cents and one clad quarter. On my way home, about 3 foot from his driveway I got a loud hit but only 2" deep. Ok my last penny--I'll dig. To my surprise, a large coin came out. Guess what --a British coin! British coin in our suburbs in Ohio? Well it was so shallow I scratched it badly. I was feeling really bad that I had damaged it but I decided maybe there was hope if I used the "Jeff Method" which is to alway scan your hole again, but nothing. But, extending the Jeff zone to one foot away, I get another strong signal at 2"---carefully--I dug. Aha! I found another 1971 British New 2 Pence coin--unscratched. Woohoooo!!

I also found a 1955 Wheatie in the yard!

Anyway, my camera is in the phantom zone so here is pic from online. And pic of the house with recent storm damage.

Neighbors House -coin found right side of photo
100_0538.jpg

1971 British New 2 Pence coin- First Year of Issue
2PenceCoin1971.jpg

2pencereverse.jpg

SKD - Out[/b]

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most likely from airforce folks that were based in britian at one time or the other (wright pat airforce base is in dayton area :wink: )

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
most likely from airforce folks that were based in britian at one time or the other (wright pat airforce base is in dayton area :wink: )

Thats what I was thinking too Ivan.

God Bless You
SKD

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice british coin there SND. Went to houston this past week and got back Sat. Still want to get together for a hunt. Talk to you later

OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Nice british coin there SND. Went to houston this past week and got back Sat. Still want to get together for a hunt. Talk to you later
Sounds good Craz! I am ready.

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread