Dredge tie offs

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
getting Russ to the river to dredge sounds like a 3 man operation. your gonna need a dredge cart to get the dredge to the river, another cart to get Russ to the river and the finale cart to get the refreshments to the river. sounds like fun, but you better have a big cart for the refreshments.

bill/cr

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
getting Russ to the river to dredge sounds like a 3 man operation. your gonna need a dredge cart to get the dredge to the river, another cart to get Russ to the river and the finale cart to get the refreshments to the river. sounds like fun, but you better have a big cart for the refreshments.

bill/cr

Bill I can pull my truck and 20ft flatbed right to where I dredge.I can get Russ into the water easy peasy.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
ok, sounds like you have a plan. might as well throw on a generator and a nice big fridge. plenty of cold beer for dredging.

bill/cr

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
hahahaha Bill you got it all wrong! i have a dredge cart and i have a spot on my dredge for the much needed refreashments after i get into/out of the water!haha anyone that has been to Wyoming with me, knows what im talking about!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been there and done that with Russau,first man up... last man down for the night. Great cook-better drinker-a fellow addict to gravel suckn' ,rock chuckn' and mother :censored: fun....John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
John as it is right now, im missing dredgeing almost as bad as the California guys! i may have to get a hall pass from my wife and head out to try it one more time! it sure would do me some good even if i had to bring my pill bottle for the ride home!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get'r done bud as it's all good. Actually thinkn' on a colorado run with fun n' the sun with GO and the CCC...fly in, rent a rv and use Leonards dredge..checkn' out 3 new spots with mo'water to work currently though before I decide-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
drill out your frame and attach a "eye bolt" or a "U" bolt and run the spud pole or stiff leg down through it and pound "er" into the river bed! use a sufficient diameter of rod to prevent it from bending on you.

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
depends on the size dredge you have, a 3 or a 4 inch what russ says will work great any bigger and it needs to be done a bit different.

bill/cr

jayhaws20

Sep 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pound in concrete anchors and a bAttery powered roto hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you use a spud pole you won't ever use anything else.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use an anchor forward and behind to keep from motorboating plus a line on a handwinder to tie to a tree on shoreline to secure it for the night. its a flat reel used to wind up ski tow lines

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread