Dredgers, Salvors, Treasure Hunters, the Right Gear for the Job or Joy of it.

Greywolf66

Greenie
Sep 1, 2015
Stephenson, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a working Diver since the age of 13 ( my first wheel job was done on a line designed for one of my uncles boats. I have been hooked ever since. in 2013 I had the chance to go to Nome and experience the chaos and camaraderie of the Gold Hunters. Discovery, A&E, and National Geographic all had teams running various angles. Nome was fun ( I went for the experience and with my guard up) I learned and worked.
The deadliest mistake any treasure hunter can make is attempting to go cheap. This is nearly always fatal.

Though I was never fond of and still have issues with Hooka Rigs; I have seen some pretty amazing inventions.
Legally however if you venture into any Navigable waterway (Lake, River, Bay, or cove) accessible by boat and the DNR, USCG USACE or US Military, and you are selling your booty (trust me they will quietly investigate you before they bust you) you are under law considered a "Commercial Diver". Bound by all applicable safety regulations forth with.
Therefore rather than hammer on you guys I figured I'd try to help. The info below is a place to get real certified and safe gear- New and Used as well as rentable ( making major jaunts a possibility provided you are legally qualified to dive as you intend).
Bay-Tech Industries, Inc.
Bay-Tech Equipment Rentals, Inc.

1253 1st Avenue
Harvey, LA 70058
Toll Free: 1-800-878-6111
Phone: (504) 328-6456
Fax: (504) 328-6458
Email: [email protected]
I have known Mike and his team since I returned from military service in 1990; and he nor they have ever failed us (Divers).
I am an avid explorer when I am not performing my normal deep water duties; I just want everyone to have access to recognized safe equipment and the training to use it (Which I also offer - Home).

dive safe work safe and live to teach your great grand children...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread