V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
WOW...that could be a real plus for you.

They might not want this in the higher courts...:dontknow:

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Hey Vini...
Was there a specific court on the ticket? Citation?
If there was then they should have notified you of the court change, with a reason for the court change.

Infactions Citations
If a police officer issues a citation for speeding or an expired registration, these citations are called “infractions.” In addition, there are other non-traffic infraction citations, such as Fish & Game, SARB (School Attendance Review Board), littering, etc.
Infractions can generally be taken care of at the Clerk’s Office either by paying the fines and fees or by providing proof of correction and paying a reduced amount. The punishment for infractions is generally imposition of fines and fees (bail) without any potential jail or prison time; however, under certain circumstances, defendants can be remanded to jail for non-payment of traffic fines. Other than red light camera citations and parking violations, the citation you received from the officer is called “Notice to Appear.” By signing the citation, you are not admitting guilt; you are only promising to take care of the citation. On the bottom of the citation, the officer will write the date and time the citation is due, as well as the court location.
Misdemeanor Citations
More serious crimes which have mandatory court appearances are called “misdemeanors.” Misdemeanors are crimes punishable, at the discretion of the Court, by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of no longer than 1 year or by a fine not to exceed $1,000 or both. Misdemeanor citations are handled by the Criminal Division.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i saw on the news the other day a segment that said the police were watching the news/reading the net for people that openly admit or show on tv/net their violating laws. then they go after them and citi them with their own words! words to the wise! keep it to yourself!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw on the news the other day a segment that said the police were watching the news/reading the net for people that openly admit or show on tv/net their violating laws. then they go after them and citi them with their own words! words to the wise! keep it to yourself!
It surprises me to this day that people don't realize that anything online (facebook, forums, emails) is quite visible once it leaves their computer. And in some cases, even when it doesn't.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
just like on the show Alaska Gold. those guys got cities by the MSHA people BECAUSE of them being shown on the tv. thats what the MSHA inspector said. he was watching them on tv and got the idea to go citi them people.knowing this, im suprised ANYONE would post any info or pictures on the net of their location. but who am i !!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hefty its a misdemeanor citation i have to show up in court and give a plea, not guilty of course, then i'll have to pay a bail i guess and take it to trial.

Guess what russau the idea here is that california is breaking federal laws, NOT ME, I'm not breaking the law, that's how I see it and thats how the mining laws read, maybe your just not getting it pal..

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Hefty its a misdemeanor citation i have to show up in court and give a plea, not guilty of course, then i'll have to pay a bail i guess and take it to trial.

Guess what russau the idea here is that california is breaking federal laws, NOT ME, I'm not breaking the law, that's how I see it and thats how the mining laws read, maybe your just not getting it pal..

Vini I know its a misd, citation. My question was there a court stated on the citation? Which there should have been.
Then why would they change it to traffic court??? Doesnt make sence? And if they didnt notify you of the change...go to the court on the citation on the date given. It really messes them up and puts the ball in your hands to control....just what I would do.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Vini I know its a misd, citation. My question was there a court stated on the citation? Which there should have been.
Then why would they change it to traffic court??? Doesnt make sence? And if they didnt notify you of the change...go to the court on the citation on the date given. It really messes them up and puts the ball in your hands to control....just what I would do.

Have heard through one of the local prospecting shops, that those of have been caught dredging on the San Joaquin, have had their gear confiscated, but when they get to court, the DA is kicking the cases. Luckily, they did not take Vini's gear, and hopefully the DA has better things to do with his time..... Keep your powder dry Vini.....

PS. for those with dredges confiscated, it has taken over a year to regain their property. Feet dragging from a government agency, sounds vaguely familar hey Hefty:laughing7:

Last edited:

panner59

Dec 2, 2012
California...For now!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Royal Mini High banker,Keene A-52 Sluice, Gold N Sand X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vin, maybe the Hmong folks will come in and net all there stupid salmon. They are allowed to do this as part of there religion. Go figure?

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Hey Vin, maybe the Hmong folks will come in and net all there stupid salmon. They are allowed to do this as part of there religion. Go figure?
BS. They may do it, but I'm positive they aren't aloud too. Post some facts and prove me wrong.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Great information Hefty. That is one of the most well thought out and educated responses I have seen regarding this dredging mess.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to courthouse DA has not filed yet, they have a year so I may wait or I may do something else I will be calling the DA and letting them know i'm going to fight this and that i'm ready to take it alll the way...

Fact is my Come get me copers slogan is one that mean I'm going to fight this while the rest plead guilty or hide out, the guys on the San Joaquin are pleading out with the DA and paying the fines then they get there equipment back Oakview I know another guy who settled for 6 months probabtion 10 hours community service to get off from paying the fine NO FIGHT layin down and take it from the man.

I've chosen to fight for what are already our rights instead of getting the gold at the moment , because if we don't and they get there way this isn't the last place there going to keep taking rights away, hell men there trying to change the damn mining acts also, how about lets let them change the Constitution while there at it and the Amendments ????? I'm no sheeple in line following others rears.

I really don't care if your against me and how i've chosen to deal with this, I'm done watching this go down hill further and further, those who fought in the past should keep fighting instead of giving up and letting them win with there lies, deception, ANTI AMERICAN TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT WAYS, let them take your guns too I hear there making great deals if you'll go turn in your guns.

There raising our taxes and we no longer have representation, there mowing us over we're back in england felluhs, good old english ways.
Bottom line, my bottom line is I have many people helping and backing me up who see whats happening in this country, in this state, with our laws with environmentalists and its about time we started making a stand and getting things back in order, and your damn right I'm republican and conservative and i'm against just about everything this state is doing, i'm also a small business man i'm getting jacked there too, every where I turn some government agency's jackin my wallet or my freedom and Im sick of it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hefty for posting that and i'm planning a letter to Salazar soon the idiot needs to be outted over a few things and investigated

I'm telling you within a short amount of time there going to change those mining acts and update them and we better damn well get some cases won in court before that happens theres going to be a fight on that mountain real so and it won't stop there the constitutions next..................mark these words.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Attention All california dregers! since tommorrow is 12-21-12 go out and dredge/highbank all you want! itll never get to court and dont worry about any fines! :)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Attention All california dregers! since tommorrow is 12-21-12 go out and dredge/highbank all you want! itll never get to court and dont worry about any fines! :)

.....I am as hardcore as they get,but if that was true,the last thing I would be doin is dredging!!! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread