drywashing.permits. Southern California desert

greenhorn38

Mar 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I am a desert miner and would like to do it full time . Only problem is. I dnt know the first thing about pulling permits in California. Any feedback on how to get started? I work my buttons off almost moving a ton every hour. And not to mention not finding much gold.just think it would be awesome to keep that what off thing going in the American dream. Please help soon to be medically retired army
Erk

Upvote 0

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
join a local club then you have a place to dig up even a few places , my club has 15 or so , its the best way to learn the ropes .

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to blm.gov and download the pdf file on Filing claims in California as what you need is there. Then contact the local ranger district and have a sit down with the local enforcement officer in the area you intend to mine. It is imperative to establish any repoire you can with them as you'll meet'm in the field. The rules and regs are easy to understand--horrible to stomach. The point being each and every area has a "different take" on the regs and in 1 area no big deal but another adios your in DEEP trouble. There is absolutely no homegenous application of law-especially when crossing over from BLM and forest service lands the rules change rapidly. Educate and prosper. Small,quiet,lean and mean and good to go-John--PS-horsepower of equipment utilized is of HUGE concern to them in the desert so please check out that info and always everything MUST be in writing and keep it with ya in the field...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread