• dcoy 006.jpg
    dcoy 006.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 499
  • dcoy 004.jpg
    dcoy 004.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 488
S

stefen

With decoys, its based on many things such as who carved or manufactured the decoy, age, geographic area, type of bird, paint condition, whether its solid wood,
wood composition, canvas, leather, paper mache, or plastic....glass eyes or eyes made from flat head nails (very old), or carved eye.

The decoys shown are machined in a factory and are not hand carved. The paint apprears to be original, and have the traditional glass eyes. The weights are missing...

My guess would be from the 1950's to 1960's...

Mass produced so not considered to be rare, although still collectable...

Value between $75 and $100 depending on market place.

Whatever you do, leave the paint alone and do not touch up or varnish...

I have somewhere around 250 to 300 decoys and refuse to buy anything that has been tampered with, repainted or touched up...in fact, a few that I have, the heads have been tacked on which indicated heavy use or have numerous shotgun pellet holes...best to buy with lead weights and round lead anchors...

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
stefen said:
With decoys, its based on many things such as who carved or manufactured the decoy, age, geographic area, type of bird, paint condition, whether its solid wood,
wood composition, canvas, leather, paper mache, or plastic....glass eyes or eyes made from flat head nails (very old), or carved eye.

The decoys shown are machined in a factory and are not hand carved. The paint apprears to be original, and have the traditional glass eyes. The weights are missing...

My guess would be from the 1950's to 1960's...

Mass produced so not considered to be rare, although still collectable...

Value between $75 and $100 depending on market place.

Whatever you do, leave the paint alone and do not touch up or varnish...

I have somewhere around 250 to 300 decoys and refuse to buy anything that has been tampered with, repainted or touched up...in fact, a few that I have, the heads have been tacked on which indicated heavy use or have numerous shotgun pellet holes...best to buy with lead weights and round lead anchors...
Agreed.

I love the old decoys myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread