Dug My First Seated

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this 1854 Seated Half Dollar recently in the backyard of a home I believe was built in the 1940's, but we were finding flat buttons and other signs that there was something there earlier than that. Thought I'd post it since it's the first Seated I've ever dug.

1fc6dffb20e623769dc6e5c8199f244a.jpg

dd0f68bd2afdd71a9bba1d28a1125969.jpg

Upvote 31
Excellent find and beautiful in condition!

Nice going on your first seated and man it's a nice big one at that.

joe_dirt,

Great shape and a lot of money back in the day.....probably a day's pay or more.

Regards + HH

Bill

What a great jewell that came outta the dirt, dirt! Congrats to you and thanks for sharing. I am still looking for my first seated.
HH ALL

I can't think of a better SEATED for your first, WOW!!!!!!!! My first was a bent and scuffed farm field find, Dime. Big Congrats

Very Scweet dig

Beautiful condition coin. As for the history of it's location, well, if it's Virginia there's going to be a good chance of finding old stuff practically anywhere, recorded or unrecorded. Same applies for most of the Eastern seaboard from Virginia on up. The only difference is going to be the relative depth of your finds.

That's ok it was something else was their before that congrats on a beautiful coin...

Joe,tell me how long you grinned...if you ever stopped that is.:laughing7:

The word'dig'gives me the heebie jeebies....plug, NEVER use the word DIG...ESPECIALLY asking permission.

GOD Bless

Chris

Awesome!!! I want one..

That's a beautiful Seated you dug there.

Not sure that there is anything left for me to say.... Guess ill just ditto everyones comments above and on the previous page!!!!:headbang:

Dang dang dang! That's a hell of a coin you found there. Things like that warm our northern boy's (and gals) hearts!

Happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back