Dug my millionth pulltab and found my first gold ring.

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
I thought I was never going to find my first gold ring. Went to an old park in a small town near my house. Started finding the usual clad and pulltabs when I got a nice meaty signal. Turned up the disc to 9; not a coin. Kept turning it down until I got a signal again at 5 and said "its not a pulltab, could it be? And, it was. My first real ring. 14 kt. Wow. all those pulltabs were worth it. But then the day got even better. I was trying to find someone to ask permission to hunt at this old abandoned church. I saw a guy riding his bike and stopped to chat. He told me to go ask the mayor. He also said he owned a whole block of the town that used to be all houses but they were all gone now. He said I was welcomed to hunt there anytime. I told him I had an extra metal detector if he'd like to go sometime. We're going hunting together next Sunday on his land. I didn't have time to give it a try this morning. We also walked around and located some old privy pits. All the houses were built around TOC. We are planning to excavate some of them. Thanks for looking and happy hunting

Oh, yeah, my new motto is "turn down the discrimination and dig every goat kissing signal."

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Forgot the pics.

Attachments

• 98one.jpg
    98one.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 573
  • church.jpg
    church.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 573
  • park.jpg
    park.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 585
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 572

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Very nice masonic ring. My nephew had a masonic ring that belonged to my grandfather. Unfortunately he lost it years ago.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
cntrydncr1 said:
Very nice masonic ring. My nephew had a masonic ring that belonged to my grandfather. Unfortunately he lost it years ago.

cntrydncr1,
What a coincidence that Colorado Kid found it!!!

LOL. Nice finds CK...I still haven't found a gold ring. Nice going.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is an awesome find. What kind of detector were you using? Also are there any initials in it, maybe you could return the ring. Now that would be Awesome. I bet the owner would be very happy and you would have a good warm spot in your heart.

Again, Congrats!

HH, Ringfinder

P

Pentico

Congrads.
It was bound to happen, you have worked hard for it.
Can't wait to see the next one.
ChrisP

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the ring ! and the new place to hunt congrats ;)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looks like a great area. That's an awsome Masonic ring. Way to go!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Beautiful ring!

Sounds like a fun day! I'm supposed to meet the mayor of my town too. Our town was also infested with
bicycle-ists today as well.

Congratulations!

Ridley

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Congrats on the sweet goldie and on your first gold ring.
It's a beutiful ring. Those sell for a lot on eBay. Great find!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
C

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the congrats. I was using a Tesoro Tiger Shark. I had the disc. set at 4. The ring started breaking up at 5. It was about 2" down. I tracked down the mayor and he said he would have to ask the town council. I'll keep after it. The church was built in 1910. The block of empty lots is about 5 acres. There are still some foundations and old bricks there. Grass is really thick so I'll have to mow but the owner said no one has detected it. Found a TOC ABM Three in One oil bottle on the surface.

Thanks,

Colorado Kidd

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
That's really cool. I don't have a gold ring yet. Hopefully one is in my future. In the meantime keep searching, maybe your on a roll. Those Masons seem to be decent guy's but they lose alot of bling.
Muleskinner

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Congrats on your first gold ring! A guy I know found a Masonic ring & didn't really know anything about the masons. He wore the ring and a Mason got after him about it, he ended up giving it to the guy. I told him he should have sold it to the guy instead. Good luck on the 5 acres!

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
providing your interested in doing this...

if it has a name it might be worth seeing if the person is still around. masons are good people and usually wel connected. once you have a name you can drop by the local masonic lodge and tell them what you found and what the name in it is. if the owner is alive and well, bring ID and he'll get his ring back.

this may lead to more places to hunt in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread