Dug my millionth pulltab and found my first gold ring.

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
I thought I was never going to find my first gold ring. Went to an old park in a small town near my house. Started finding the usual clad and pulltabs when I got a nice meaty signal. Turned up the disc to 9; not a coin. Kept turning it down until I got a signal again at 5 and said "its not a pulltab, could it be? And, it was. My first real ring. 14 kt. Wow. all those pulltabs were worth it. But then the day got even better. I was trying to find someone to ask permission to hunt at this old abandoned church. I saw a guy riding his bike and stopped to chat. He told me to go ask the mayor. He also said he owned a whole block of the town that used to be all houses but they were all gone now. He said I was welcomed to hunt there anytime. I told him I had an extra metal detector if he'd like to go sometime. We're going hunting together next Sunday on his land. I didn't have time to give it a try this morning. We also walked around and located some old privy pits. All the houses were built around TOC. We are planning to excavate some of them. Thanks for looking and happy hunting

Oh, yeah, my new motto is "turn down the discrimination and dig every goat kissing signal."

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread