Dump Bank Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
It's been a while since I posted but I wanted to share with you my dump bank experience today. I dump at this bank frequently but not in large quantities. The reason why I dump here so lightly was because one of the original head tellers a while ago gave me a Franklin Half Dollar long ago for face value. She was super nice and so I promised her I would never dump more than two bags there a week. Of course, she retired. I liked going there because they would just give me cash on the spot for the bags of coins I turn in. I and the bank have never had issue with the coins I dump here. I'm always accurate with what I bring in.

Now, they changed the rules with the new regime that is the same as other banks. No more getting cash on the spot for what I bring in. They have to do a deposit first and a withdraw from my account for cash. The deposit would take a week to process. Oh well, the benefits for coming in for exchanging fast cash and dumping lightly are gone.

I always ask for the old portrait design bills when I get cash. A month ago, the teller showed me she had a 1934 $100 but refused to give it to me. The only reason why she showed it to me was because I asked for older bills. I thought at the time, this is my dump bank for coins and they give me cash on the spot which is a benefit. No paper trail on my end but the policies have changed. I know that old currencies have little value but I think they're still cool and a 1934 bill has some value over face. I just would like to build a currency collection just from going to banks despite knowing they are mostly not worth much.

Fast forward to today, I asked for old portrait bills and this other teller starts to pull them out. She had a few $100's. But midway, she stopped and pulled one of them back. I could tell from the light green serial numbers and font that it was probably a 1934 $100. I told her to give it to me. She came up with the excuse that she's saving it for someone else since that person said he wanted that specific bill. I said that the person should've gotten it that day. I found her actions hard to believe and I think she was lying. She changed her description of who the guy was that was asking her to save older bills half way in our conversation. She swore that she would save them for me next time. I doubt it since the other teller who was working right beside her was the same one that showed me her 1934 $100 bill a month ago. People talk at banks especially when there's down time.

I thought about complaining to their manager because they shouldn't be doing coin or currency collecting on the job. My take is that if they're going to keep stuff for themselves, don't show it to the customers. What I don't see, I can't ask for. I told the teller that I've been nice to them by not dumping so hard on them in the past but I'm really considering changing my mind. I've been nice to them in the past and other tellers in the past have thanked me for not bringing in too much coin since it's pretty much all women that work as tellers and they hate having to carry heavy bags of coins. Since all the benefits of dumping lightly there are gone, I'm seriously considering using them as a primary dump bank since it is closer to my residence anyhow. I could do a large order and dump there all at once. LOL

When the female tellers start moaning about the coins I bring in, I could just say, "you can thank teller XXXY because she was doing personal money collecting on the job and would've give me what I asked for". LOL. I doubt by me saying that it would change anything there in terms of them holding onto older bills for me but I think people would get angry at that teller behind the scenes.

Just wanted to see what other folk's experiences are and whether a strategy like this or any other strategy can work to persuade them to not allow their employees to withhold coins or currency from customers. Just wanted to see how people's use of banks to dump on have been sweet revenge on an unhelpful teller. If this works at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I knew that the moderator would chime in. It goes to show there are a lot of newbs or FNG's here. The regular forum members have changed over the years. People don't realize there's rules here too. LOL

I'm sure the moderators appreciate you saying "FNG's" just as much as they appreciate people insulting you. You may have been here for 6+ years, but you are showing worse-than-newb etiquette.
What is longevity on a forum compared to a) kindness and consideration for the people who assist you in your hobby and b) a discerning ear towards the honest feedback on your situation, which you were looking for, from the members of said forum?

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I'm sure the moderators appreciate you saying "FNG's" just as much as they appreciate people insulting you. You may have been here for 6+ years, but you are showing worse-than-newb etiquette.
What is longevity on a forum compared to a) kindness and consideration for the people who assist you in your hobby and b) a discerning ear towards the honest feedback on your situation, which you were looking for, from the members of said forum?

FNG = Freaking New Guy = Newb. Of course, I understand the rules. :thumbsup:

If you actually read the post all the way back, I didn't start any of it. LOL. Only looking for open reasonable discussion which some have done but Newbs can't help themselves because they can't follow the rules themselves. Who's the angry vindictive person here? The level of anger shown is funny, all over some opinion asked posting. They're acting like I'm broadcasting CRHing to the world and thus taking the hobby or coins away from them directly. LOL

Last edited:

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I knew that the moderator would chime in. It goes to show there are a lot of newbs or FNG's here. The regular forum members have changed over the years. People don't realize there's rules here too and the newbs have to learn somehow. LOL

The moderator chiming in does not in any way validate your behavior...it only means people could have expressed themselves better, like this:

No matter how you justify it, you are in the wrong. Your ideals are reprehensible and can damage coin and bill hunting, whether you think so or not.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FNG = Freaking New Guy = Newb. Of course, I understand the rules.

Wrong, boss.

There were only FNG's in 'Nam.
Here, we have MEMBERS.

For a day or a decade, 1 post or 10,000.
They are all MEMBERS.

And you 'understand the rules'...?

I'll remember that as i go back and read your Trump and Ron Paul comments....
You non-charter member, you.

Those who argue for the title of seniority on the interwebs shall be also be crowned as the 'smartest guy with down syndrome.'

~Tejaas~

Last edited:

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol, when is this thread going to die? lol.
It's been going on and on and on. lol.
I'm probably going to stop reading replies lol. Even though is was ethically educational. lol.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Wrong, boss.

There were only FNG's in 'Nam.
Here, we have MEMBERS.

For a day or a decade, 1 post or 10,000.
They are all MEMBERS.

And you 'understand the rules'...?

I'll remember that as i go back and read your Trump and Ron Paul comments....
You non-charter member, you.

Those who argue for the title of seniority on the interwebs shall be also be crowned as the 'smartest guy with down syndrome.'

~Tejaas~

Where's your Charter membership? You started asking for it. Where is yours? LOL. Just says you're at "hero" level only. Who are you to tell me if you don't have one yourself?

I'm trying for silver member level. Charter membership would just say Charter. Everyone is a newb or FNG at some point in everything they venture into. The fact that so many get warned here by the moderator shows what newbs they are. BTW, Military/LE folks still use the term FNG.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I think i am with you. I allowed myself to be sucked in and am rather ashamed of myself for it.

Someone with a moral compass polarity so far askew is irreparable.

~Tejaas~

Then why do you keep responding to it? You're equally to blame by contributing to it. I think everyone reading this can recognize this. LOL

It's actually entertaining, some other guy on another CRH forum started crying about it too and is actually sending links (promoting) about this thread. He was putting words in my mouth as well.

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love how the OP still thinks he is in the right. He asked for opinions and when he got 99/100 saying he was in the wrong, he resorted to calling everyone newbs. Of course people are going to make fun of you. You asked for advise and got it. Then you turned around and ignored everyone's advice. Even a moderator chimed in and said it's not smart to rock the boat.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where's your Charter membership? You started asking for it. Where is yours? LOL

I'm trying for silver member level. Charter membership would just say Charter.

I choose to not mix politics with my TNET endeavors... And therefore did not elect to go the charter route.

Which according to the rules, affords those of us the privilege of being shielded from political ranting and ravings.

If you want to drop political talk on the forum, it is your responsibility to 'charter up' and post it in the correct venue afforded to you by your charter membership here on TNET.

~Tejaas~

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then why do you keep responding to it? You're equally to blame by contributing to it. I think everyone reading this can recognize this. LOL

Pretty sure everyone realizes you brought this all on yourself.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Then why do you keep responding to it? You're equally to blame by contributing to it.

First sensible thing you have said.

~Tejaas~

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As a side note, and to the moderators...

Thanks for what you do!
It can't be easy dealing with the lot of us!

Signing off this thread.

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Pretty sure everyone realizes you brought this all on yourself.

Oh I knew it would stir the CRH pot. No doubt. But hey, don't we all get tired of the recycled threads? LOL. I don't mind. I haven't contributed here in a long time because things do get stale. It is a good forum though for new people who want to get into the hobby.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I knew it would stir the CRH pot. No doubt. But hey, don't we all get tired of the recycled threads? LOL. I don't mind. I haven't contributed here in a long time because things do get stale. It is a good forum though for new people who want to get into the hobby.

Well I hope you do the right thing and just leave it alone. I have been snowed for three days now and this thread has helped me kill some time.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I choose to not mix politics with my TNET endeavors... And therefore did not elect to go the charter route.

Which according to the rules, affords those of us the privilege of being shielded from political ranting and ravings.

If you want to drop political talk on the forum, it is your responsibility to 'charter up' and post it in the correct venue afforded to you by your charter membership here on TNET.

~Tejaas~

I did not make any comments about politics. I did not make any comments about who people should vote for or my personal political convictions. You're making assumptions. I said I was going to double down like Trump is like me saying I'm going to double down like Bill Billichek of the Patriots. Some people double down. Nothing political like national policies was ever mentioned. As far as Ron Paul goes, he is revelant because he was a big promoter of the precious metals market which is related to the Ag coins you're searching for. At the time, it was noteworthy to warn members about the metals market being a bubble. People acted like Ron Paul knew better. I just said that they were wrong and the prices would drop. I said nothing about my or those politician's views on what to do with the country. You're not talking to a newb here.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~Tejaas~

Even as Charter Member political statements not directly related to treasure hunting are still only allowed in the politics forum... Mentioning a political name does not violate rules as long as it isn't a political statement.....

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Well I hope you do the right thing and just leave it alone. I have been snowed for three days now and this thread has helped me kill some time.

We'll see. LOL. Play it by ear. I'm probably going into hibernation for a bit and come back to stir the pot another time.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Even as Charter Member political statements not directly related to treasure hunting are still only allowed in the politics forum...

Thanks, Treasure_Hunter!

Good to know, i expect that i shall reconsider my membership level knowing this information.

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I love how the OP still thinks he is in the right. He asked for opinions and when he got 99/100 saying he was in the wrong, he resorted to calling everyone newbs. Of course people are going to make fun of you. You asked for advise and got it. Then you turned around and ignored everyone's advice. Even a moderator chimed in and said it's not smart to rock the boat.

Moderator said for folks to not call others "trolls" or "clowns". Newbs just mean you're new. When people are new, they don't understand as much and can make mistakes. Not necessarily a bad thing cause no one is perfect. Everyone is a newb as some point. You get the difference?

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderator said for folks to not call others "trolls" or "clowns". Newbs just mean you're new. When people are new, they don't understand as much and can make mistakes. Not necessarily a bad thing cause no one is perfect. Everyone is a newb as some point. You get the difference?

You missed the entire point of that post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread