Dump Bank

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe I'm thinking of handling this the wrong way. Here's the rundown, I have one primary dump bank, Wells Fargo, a branch that is closest to my home. This branch is where a majority of my dumps go to, and have been going to since I opened my business account with them towards the end of May. The only stipulation is that I pay for my dumps, allowing me to dump as I please, in plastic coin deposit bags. I have never had one single problem with any of the staff, the bank, or in general. About two weeks ago, this branch acquired a new manager and merchant teller, and the ones there got switched to a different branch. Since this new staff took hold, they have been making sure to get every last cent in fees out of me, and have been complaining about the bags, even just a few. Well today, I go in to dump, and the branch manager (big italian/arabic maffia lookin guy,) tells me he will no longer take my bags, and that his decision is final. I ask why, and he tells me because it is too much of a hassle for him. IN ALL REALITY, there is MINISCULE to ABSOLUTELY NO hassle at all. I bring my bags in on a cart, hardly any lifting is done, they fill out a single sheet of paper at the end of the week, and then Loomis picks them up. There is no hassle. All I hear him say is that "I'm too lazy to do this anymore, don't come back." First of all, I PAY for my dumps, a product that the bank offers to merchant accounts. Second of all, just because a new staff comes in, doesn't mean that you get to shut out previous customers. Third of all, I always make sure and take care of the staff for any inconvenience I might cause, even when I am PAYING for my dumps. Like I said, everyone was totally cool until this guy came in. I told him I was going to report him to the OCC, he handed me his business card and nodded. This is totally illegal on his part. Should I report him to the Federal Reserve, OCC, and to higher ups at Wells Fargo? I'm all too sure NOONE would agree with what he is trying to pull. I can work around this and find other dump banks, but I want to make sure he gets in trouble soley on principal. I have given the bank thousands of dollars in dump fees. This bank is extremely convenient for me, and I would hate to lose it due to one lazy SOB manager who is on a high horse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm no expert, but it seems to me if you have a business account and pay to dump also, you should be alloud to make deposits into your busness account how ever you please. What do they do with the carwash and laundry mat owners coin deposits? Good luck with your situation, I'm sure your gonna get much more input from everyone else. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
They are still accepting them! This is discrimination on the 1st degree.

Then I would definetly go over his head to a higher up and ask why they won't let you deposit in your own account, how are you supposed to put money in it then? Right? And see what they have to say, I mean they just rendered the account useless to you basically.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure about complaining to WF or ther Fed, not sure the Fed cares in all honesty. The OCC seems like the best route, and I believe other members have had success with them. I would start there.

Are you paying the $7/full bag fee to dump?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think the staff at that bank was changed over all because of your activity? Sounds like WF brought in the big guns.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One final thought..

In my experience with being limited on dumps/pickups, it has ALWAYS been the "men" (courier) who deliver the coin to complain first about all (insert baby voice) the heavy coins.

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Answers to your posts namster,

Post 1: Yes I pay the full fee for every bag.
Post 2: No, the new staff was placed at the request of the new merchant teller wanting to rotate banks to get "more experience."
Post 3: I don't believe the manager of a single branch can completely change the way my account works, especially if they still accept coin from other merchants. Plus, they did not give me the 30 day notice like the OCC link you provided says they have to give.
Post 4: Loomis was already complaining, but that's not their job to complain. I absolutely hate people who complain about having to do their job.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On #3, there you go. They changed the terms of your service without proper notice. Give'em hell.

On #4, I am in complete agreement. Who goes to work for an armored car company and then complains about having to lift heavy things?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say if your paying they should take your bags? I would fight him!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh helllllll nah Chris.... You need to fight that. You are PAYING to dump and they won't take it ? Eff that....
I had one brat asst manager refuse to take more than one roll of coin at a time from mere fore... The ONLY thing that kept me from reporting it is the fact the branch was over an hour away from my house and I didn't need the branch at all. If you need that branch because of its location I say you fight.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, call that cocky ba$%$#d on his bluff, the business card will make it easy! I too cannot STAND people who don't want to do their jobs, this is exactly why this country is going down the tubes. No one wants to do anything anymore except make it through the day as painlessly as possible and go home to watch the Kardashians or whatever other BS they're into. The motivation and go-getter attitude that we used to pride ourselves in is nonexistent as far as I can tell

OP
OP
crhstreetwalker

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Called the "Community Banking District Manager" and left a message, they are supposed to return to work on Monday. If I don't get anything with him then off to the OCC it is.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the pressure and that bank manager will probably start picking up your dumps. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread