santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
You can test your 1968 Canadians with a magnet. Canadian dimes/quarters/etc are made of nickel not copper nickel clad like ours. If they stick to a magnet, they are nickel (nickel is also magnetic like steel). If not, they are most likely silver.

HH

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
I love finding silver while dumping!

I took a road trip into Westchester and Putnam counties the other day, and did a mid trip dump at a TD bank. The guy in front of me was dumping lots of quarters. We got to chatting, and he said he owned a laundrymat. He checked the reject try and found 3 silvers that he dumped. He knew they were worth a few bucks, so I asked if he was a collector, and he said not at all. Told him I collected and he said aren't they worth 3 or 4 bucks each? I said they were worth about 6 each and offered to buy them from him $15 for the three of them.

He said that he appreciated the offer, but since I was a collector and didn't try and take advantage of him thinking they were only worth $3 that I could just have them bc he knew I would appreciate them :)

3 free silver quarters! WOO-HOO!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Numismaniac said:
You can test your 1968 Canadians with a magnet. Canadian dimes/quarters/etc are made of nickel not copper nickel clad like ours. If they stick to a magnet, they are nickel (nickel is also magnetic like steel). If not, they are most likely silver.

HH
Thanks for the magnet idea. Yes they stuck so there junk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread