Funny Wraping from Brinks? New to me!

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got two boxes from the same bank. One box was the regular yellow wraps ( both ends machine tight). I put one in for comparison.
The other box had the brown wrappers but one end was hand folded? The box was sealed. I have never seen this ?? I opened a few hoping it was going to be golded but NG.???
Anybody ever see this? :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_0002sm.jpg
    IMG_0002sm.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 435
Upvote 0

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
we get the brown rolls here from brinks but they are coin rolled on both ends. yours look like mine AFTER i have gone through them and put them back in the box. Looks like you might have gotten someones dump box. Even though its sealed does not mean they were not resealed in a new box by brinks. Just my thought. I asked the teller at one of my dump banks what they do with the halves I drop and she said since it was a full box it would be sent back to brinks.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
That's what my rolled dumps look like too, but all yellow wrappers...

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
Some of the banks I visit roll their coins in wrappers similar to those. Rolled tight on one end, then after filling the bank employee folds it over, some banks have a gizmo that semi rolls the end. Won't take long to check them out. Even if part of them are someone's dump, doesn't mean part of them aren't great grandpa's rainy day money.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
You can thank a newbie for that one. I think this is listed as a CRH rule, if not, it should be. If you must reuse the OBW then don't return them in the box. Use a shoe box or something else.

It looks like someone dumped a Loomis wrapped box in a GARDA/Brinks area but I could be wrong. I would try ordering from a Loomis supplied bank since you have a hunter dumping in your pool.

Better luck next time.

HH,
65GT350

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
The box was sealed? That's new to me.. I've never seen that.. They must be getting lazy at the sorting facility.

It doesn't matter what box I bring the coins in with when I dump. They take them out of the box and put the coins into plastic bags to ship out. Or they just let me do it. The box is just a vehicle to bring the coins into the branch where the box is eventually disgarded.

OP
OP
Reverend B*IKE*

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
The box was sealed? That's new to me.. I've never seen that.. They must be getting lazy at the sorting facility.
It doesn't matter what box I bring the coins in with when I dump. They take them out of the box and put the coins into plastic bags to ship out. Or they just let me do it. The box is just a vehicle to bring the coins into the branch where the box is eventually disgarded.
SF BAY YOU hit right on!! All the banks I know dump them into bags and then they ship out to get machined packed in to the boxes. Thats why I was shocked to recieve it in three years of doing this. I will let you know if any thing is worth the wild.
PS I dump mine all in coin-machines thru 3 different banks no more bagging or re-rolling.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Looks like a re rolled dump to me. I've run across this before, but not often, maybe six boxes in the past couple of years.
The courier service just glues the box back up and delivers it again.
HH
Rich

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting boxes like these for the past month (about 20 boxes) with a few machine wrapped boxes in between. I would complain but I had three huge boxes that contained 77 silvers collectively from boxes with CWRs in them so I am going to wait it out a while until I say something. I was told by a branch teller that banks save money by shipping boxes between branches rather than ordering newly wrapped boxes. :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
SFBayArea said:

You are right that they should bag them and send them out but some branches and banks just send the entire box back with the carrier. I have received boxes with routing instructions written by other branches i.e. (Branch xxx did not intend to order please return to SFAB). The more I think about the above picture it looks like the carrier just boxed them up straight out of the bag since the flat boxes usually have the yellow String and Son wrappers. At a minimum if you are going to reuse the wrapper at least mark it up so they will think twice about re-boxing.

HH,
65GT350

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
when i dump a whole box like that I mark the rolls so I dont get them back. I dont order from any of the banks I dump at as I have seen another person dumping there too.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I disagree with all of you.

I've gotten these rolls in full boxes that looked exactly like what the OP posted, but even worse. I've been mad as a hornet when I first opened these boxes. I was sure they had been searched, or were someone's dumps.

But the truth is that the only silver I've ever found in half boxes were just like the one pictured. The first box like this produced one '64, and 6 40%'s. The last box like this one produced a single '63 Ben!

I mark my rewrapped rolls too, just in case. It just takes a second.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are someone's dumps for sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread