Dumping after a CRH

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
i just dump everything at once. they have to keep emptying the cent container out! i fill that thing up!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use TD and stopped dumping halves there - fills up every $100 and I don't have the time or the desire to be hated by every teller in the state! dimes quarter pennies - I fill em up!

OP
OP
J

jshane7422

Feb 5, 2013
Thurmont, MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to my local credit union yesterday and dumped 500 in halves and it didnt fill up but it did happen to jam 3 times lol

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
You will wear out your welcome real fast if you listen to these people! $500 a week at the same stop is the best. Otherwise the door will be shown to you quickly.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do about a grand a week per bank, and definitely not all halves. I actually divide my half boxes so I dump only $250 at a time.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$10 grand + That machine is there for you to use... let em have it

YES! I agree. I would back up a dumptruck full of coins if i had one. :laughing7: If they dont like it they should get rid of the machine. My area does not even have these machines. All of my coin has to be re-rolled for deposit. I routinely carry in two canvas bags full of rolled halves ($4000) and never have had an issue. IT IS THEIR JOB TO DEAL WITH CURRENCY OF ALL TYPES!

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
YES! I agree. I would back up a dumptruck full of coins if i had one. :laughing7: If they dont like it they should get rid of the machine. My area does not even have these machines. All of my coin has to be re-rolled for deposit. I routinely carry in two canvas bags full of rolled halves ($4000) and never have had an issue. IT IS THEIR JOB TO DEAL WITH CURRENCY OF ALL TYPES!

Boy that sure is good to know. Here I had been under the mistaken impression that a Bank's job was to make money.

There are as many different coin machines as there are Banks and branches and the only way to know what is the proper amount is to try them. It would be best to start small, most CRH'ers are already way above normal users, and increase your amounts after you see what each machine will hold before they need to change bags. What might be OK one day, might not be OK for a different Teller on another day. The more dump banks you use the better, I try to only go to most of my dump banks no more than once a week. I always try to have nickels and dimes so that I am not just bringing in only halves. My average dumps are usually 2-3 hundred to 6-7 hundred per bank. The Banks don't have coin machines where I live so I have to re-roll everything or use coin-lock bags. I joined a CU to use their machine, told the girl who opened my account about my coin collecting, and then a month later had a Teller point out the sign that said non-members or hobbyist were charged 10% when I tried to dump 1 box of nickels. Good luck and HH.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Half dollars in particular are rough on the machines, and the bags/bins are heavy. Let me know how happy they are to see you after a few bag changes/breakdowns when they have to unjam it or call the repair man. Their job INCLUDES dealing with currency, but not at the level we are bringing, and especially if we don't have an established business with the bank.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing this for years and have seen many staff changes in all of my banks. I have yet to ever run into a problem with a single bank/teller. Around here, collectors are treated like every other customer. I know banks are in the business of making money. Dealing with my coin is a part of that. Like I said before, if the banks don't like it, they shouldn't offer the service.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$10 grand + That machine is there for you to use... let em have it

I agree, my first few dumps were at TD and I filled the bag 15 times I'm actually probably going to try and run at least $5,000 through it soon because I'm thinking if closing my account.

Last edited:

skeeterd

Oct 11, 2012
Montana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JSMITH said:
I have been doing this for years and have seen many staff changes in all of my banks. I have yet to ever run into a problem with a single bank/teller. Around here, collectors are treated like every other customer. I know banks are in the business of making money. Dealing with my coin is a part of that. Like I said before, if the banks don't like it, they shouldn't offer the service.

And thats exactly what they do. They don't like it, and they stop accepting large coin dumps from CRHs. Or they charge a fee to dump. If you help make their job easier, they will make dumping easier for you. If you make their job difficult, they will make dumping coin difficult.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skeeter, maybe I just live out here in the wild wild west where rules don't apply! Silver abounds and tellers give gifts when you bring in coin! Its a coun roll hunters paradise!................yeah, sounds about right. IF a bank of mine stops accepting my coin, I will simply close my account there and go elsewhere. There are banks up the wazoo all around me. People also forget to realize, 90% of the battle is how you act towards the tellers, not the amount of coin in your bags. I've got all my tellers wrapped around my finger. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dump about 500$ a time at tcf which imo is a terrible bank one of the worst, hidden fees up the wazoo. which is why i use them for dumping and i always get cash back i wouldnt trust them with my money.

My question is.. Maybe a bit off topic. But is their a thread or a place to see what banks use what currier.

I want to make my pickups and dumps at different boxing companies to help my odds. But i have no idea what each bank uses, or does it vary by location?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Varies by location. I know in metro Detroit Michigan. Chase and Huntington use brinks

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright thanks Thorne, i guess ill have to do some investigating since chase here uses loomis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions