Dumping halves

Long Jon Silver

Greenie
Aug 27, 2012
Live Free Or Die
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should i be traveling a certain distance from my pickup spot to dump my halves. i just started halves bout three months ago. i have done approximately 22 boxes since. two months ago i marked an entire box with j on one side and 5 on the other. i picked up four boxes saturday and one box was loaded with my marks. at least two hundred in it. does this mean im constantly going thru the same coins? out of the 22 boxes i have found 3 40% and 1 90%. it took 13 boxes to find my first. thanks jon

Upvote 0

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Distance would not matter. You should find out which company is picking up your dumps and which company is supplying your pick up banks. Make sure you don't dump into your supply.

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it kosher to ask a bank what company supplies their coins? Any particularly tactful way to go about this? Also, you figure if I go to a different branch of the same bank in about the same area, they'll use the same company? I'm thinking I might need to order my boxes from a different bank altogether, if that's the case. Crap...

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can tell when you order a box. They are pretty distinctive. I have found that all of the branches of the same bank get their coins from the same company in my area.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
You can casually ask a teller which company services their branch. It's not like its a security risk for them. Now if you start asking for specific delivery times and personnel names, that would be fishy.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You can tell when you order a box. They are pretty distinctive. I have found that all of the branches of the same bank get their coins from the same company in my area.

+1, never dump to a different branch of your pickup bank, inevidebly you will get some of your coins back, you need 2 bank accounts to do this effectively and they have to ( or should) have 2 different suppliers. Good luck, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread