Dumping Halves?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
How often and how much in halves do you guys dump at branches? I was thinking $1,000 every other week at 8 branches. I don't know how Tim gets away with dumping $1,000's at one branch all at once. Any tips on how to approach the tellers? I know I've been CRH for 4 months and this is pretty beginner stuff, but I just don't know how the banks will react. Do you only go to branches every week, every other week, once a month, every few months? $500, $1000, $1500...???:icon_scratch: I only have 1 dump bank, and I would like to keep that 1 bank without getting my account shut down or getting refused all the time. I'm just preparing myself is all, getting a game plan. Wish I could have more banks, but I can't right now.

I'm sure there are many different strategies, just trying to find the best one for me. I only have $1,100, so I can't dump more than $1,000 at one time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take 2 bags at a time 500 in each bag. I only use any particular branch twice a month hopefully 2 weeks apart. Working for me so far.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i use coin counters i do $1000 at a time. In ac i do $1000 to $3000 When i do bags in ac i do $8000 TO $15000 And there ok with it. I get them bags of candy I have a good friend ship with my banks. I am going to set up more banks to take bags so i can do less in each bank.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Ok, so I have 2 questions for you. How do you know if your banks would take sealed $1000 bags? Do you just ask them if they would prefer that over them being rolled, so they can just ship it out? And where do you get the bags at? I would assume online, but where online? Thanks for the response!

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get the bags from the bank. Wells Fargo uses coin lock and Bofa uses coin safe bags. There the same basically and I'm sure all banks have some form of them. They are free just like coin wrappers.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get the bags from the bank. Wells Fargo uses coin lock and Bofa uses coin safe bags. There the same basically and I'm sure all banks have some form of them. They are free just like coin wrappers.
I buy mine the bags are so easy i don't care about a few dollars they save me money.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you buy them, and how much do they cost?
I use deluxe,com Cost // I think 135 or so for 250 they send me discounts all the time. I only orderd them 1 time i had a problem and ended up with 750 for the price of 250 i have to order again soon.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I use deluxe,com Cost // I think 135 or so for 250 they send me discounts all the time. I only orderd them 1 time i had a problem and ended up with 750 for the price of 250 i have to order again soon.

Thank you so much! I'll have to ask my branches if they'll take bags, fingers crossed. It would be slightly cheaper than rolls and a lot easier!

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much! I'll have to ask my branches if they'll take bags, fingers crossed. It would be slightly cheaper than rolls and a lot easier!
I can't find any banks in my area that will take bags but I'm sure every area is different.
Just ask them all. Good luck.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah, I had to stop hunting halves because the only coin counter in teh city doesn't take halves and I got the most ugliest look from a teller when I turned in my 380 dollars worth of halves. Definitely sticking to dimes or quarters. Other problem is that the counter has a max return of 200 dollars a day. Tried looking for other coin counters in other banks but no luck. I am thinking about getting a bucketload of dime rolls and rolling them myself. Hey its something to do rather than eating in front of the TV and I can turn them into any bank with no problem.

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GarouLady said:
Hey its something to do rather than eating in front of the TV and I can turn them into any bank with no problem.

Hugs and smiles,
Garoulady

You just confirmed the vision I had in my head. Please oh please tell me you have a snuggie?

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
You just confirmed the vision I had in my head. Please oh please tell me you have a snuggie?

Oh god noooo.::grimace:: I have something better. a very soft bathrobe that my brother got for me last christmas. Its better than a snuggie in this michigan winter. I asked my brother to get me a second one this year. But I can tuck the edges under my legs, dump all my coins in my lap and just go to town on them. If I am CRHing I have a big bowl of popcorn to my left and a pop on my right to keep me company while I search.

Hugs and Smiles,
garoulady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a country girl. If it isn't flavored with dirt or coin smudge there's something missing. ::laughs::

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread