cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a favorite brand of rain cover that will fit an E-trac? I've seen several different ones on E-bay with a variety of prices. There's one that is a set of three pieces for the battery and grip also. Others are just for the display. Can you change settings easily or do you need to pull the cover loose each time? One seller has one where you can slide your thumb underneath to operate the buttons.....does that design work well or can you just poke them through the clear plastic?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sun ray is by far the best fit. All of them make it hard to see the screen. ZAGG.com makes a screen cover for the E-Trac that is AWESOME. That is what I use on mine.

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought the ZAGG for the E-trac Front to keep the screen from being scratched. Works fine and is mostly invisible. Easy to apply with good instruction.

Then I purchased the three-piece black padded Pro-Tector 600 Denier Cordura wrap for over the battery and upper-grip area. Turned out to be two-piece when it arrived, nothing for the control box. Worse, this particular wrap didn't actually fit the E-trac and got its sad self returned. There was no way the material would wrap around the circumference of the E-trac handle and reach the Velcro. I'd steer clear of these unless the manufacturer has made changes.

Still wanted to protect the battery/handle/cover so I bought a true three-piece cover in black from:
MINELAB Metal Detector RAIN DUST COVER E-trac Etrac USA | eBay
Wasn't expensive and fits just like you'd think it should around the handle. It is padded so unless you have large hands you may not want to go the padded route. But ... the control box dust/rain cover portion wasn't designed to accept the upper handle and just basically bulges out and distorts all over. So that part was a no-go - looked terrible and made the button impossible to use. But the two lower pieces worked great so if you go this route order only these.

Still needed a dust/rain cover for the control box, so went with the black cover below. It has a cut out for the handle and so it keeps the plastic face flat on the screen. Looks fine, covers the box. No problems so far.
Minelab Black or Camo Rain Cover ETrac, Explorer, Safari, Quattro Enviro-Shield | eBay

It wasn't easy putting the right pieces together so hopefully this will help someone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread