E-Trac is here!!!

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
YAY!! I received it via UPS this morning, but didn't have the chance to open the boxes before heading to work. Too bad the weather doesn't look too good tomorrow (maybe Thursday; good thing I'm off the next 6 days ;D )...anyway, pics of the new toy are below. Battery is charging as I type this. Now I just need to call Mike @ Woodland detectors to show me how to use this confounded thing :help: :icon_scratch: :dontknow:....(took me a while to assemble the shaft and connect the coil; not used to a coil cord that runs through the shaft). Enjoy!! Note: Despite her cuteness and intelligence, my cat DID NOT help in the unpacking/assembly.... :tongue3:

Attachments

• Picture 279.jpg
    Picture 279.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Picture 280.jpg
    Picture 280.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 135

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats CLad....now if you could train that cat to dig for ya... :thumbsup:
If you need any info on the etrac I am sure anyone on the IL forum who owns one would be happy to help....so if you have a question and cant reach MIke....give me a holla....Much luck out there,
Soup

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your new machine Paul, hope your learning curve goes well for you this spring.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I'm gonna have to put my double cup headphones back on when around you again.

They haven't got an all caps font large enough to express how you're gonna be sounding in the next couple weeks.

Remember, stick to the DEEP woods, where you won't wake the neighbors, at least until June!

Go get 'em!

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Congrats on the purchase Clad. Bought both of my Minelabs from Mike. Great guy. Did you get Andy's eTrac book? Good reading on getting up to speed with the machine. Like I told ewcoinhunter:

Do yourself a favor and go to a sports store and pick up a roll of tennis racket handle wrap without the breathing holes. Cost is like $6.00. It keeps the foam handle clean and makes for easy cleaning. Just a wet rag and the wrap is clean. It also keeps the foam from twisting as you swing which will eventually happen with use.

You might want to invest in a new set of headphones as well. The headphones that come with the etrac suck. Singles are muddy. With a good set of headphones the signals are more clear and sharp which is good for eventually learning the difference between can lids/twist tops and coins

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Lowbatts said:

They haven't got an all caps font large enough to express how you're gonna be sounding in the next couple weeks.

Remember, stick to the DEEP woods, where you won't wake the neighbors, at least until June!

Go get 'em!

;D ;D :laughing7: :laughing7:

Congrats, Paul!!!

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Congratulations Paul! (Although your cat does not look too excited about it...)

If you have not gotten it, do yourself a favor and pick up Andy Sabisch's book on "getting the most out of your Minelab Explorer and Etrac" (or the title is something like that). It will be golden as far as learning how to set your machine up, because it will explain all the ins and outs of all the items/settings, which is helpful to customizing the machine both to where you are hunting and your personal preferences.

Personally, I generally hunt with 30 tones (or whatever is max) conductive audio, threshold barely audible, normal sound, deep on, high trash usually off, manual sens or semi-auto +3. Then I have my discrimination pattern accept anything above CO -10 and Anything above the FE 24 line (I know a lot of people do a lot of different things here, and sometimes I do differently, but this is sort of my standard turn on and detect setting).

Never used the computer program, partially b/c I am a mac user and although I have a windows partition, it is an affront to me and my mac to run windows.

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Congrats Clad! I just picked mine up yesterday at Windy City. I can not wait myself, but I have to do some reading. Good luck.

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Congratulations on the etrac Paul ! Your going to love digging all that deep 8"-10" silver. You better get a bigger shovel.
:icon_thumright:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
justdigging50 said:
Congratulations on the etrac Paul ! Your going to love digging all that deep 8"-10" silver. You better get a bigger shovel.
:icon_thumright:

...and a bigger pouch for all that silver.....and some more silver coin cleaner....and some more coin holders.....and an album to hold all those silvers. ;D

Congrats! I have a love, hate relationship with my E-Trac. Sometimes I love it, and often times I hate it. That's just the way it has to be. ;D

Lookin forward to some future hunts. :thumbsup:

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Congratulations Paul. I know you are pretty excited. Looking forward to future hunts with you this season. You should get a bunch of oldies and experience what it feels like to dig a memorial at 9 inches through hard August sunbaked ground :laughing9:

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
Lowbatts said:

Go get 'em!

sounds kinda like my dad when he got his minelab :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread