E/Z sluce box

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
all the equipment is good! its the operator that needs tobe good to make the equipment do what you want it to do! your the one that puts the material into the equipment.sooo you have to know what is worth your time!

rendyboats

Nov 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my ez sluice, just can't feed it as fast as I'd like to. Use a kids sand box shovel to feed it. Or like with mine, I use a 1/4 measuring cup to do the feeding. Also classify too 8 mesh.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just for back packing

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good backpacking sluice. A better choice would a Bazooka super mini if it fits your pack.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good backpacking sluice. A better choice would a Bazooka super mini if it fits your pack.
...and can be fed with a real shovel without classifying although a bit of classifying is wise.

A sand box shovel, really? Nice toy I guess...whatever seems fun and I'm sure that would be :-)

Meep

Oct 30, 2013
San Diego
Picked up a super mini a few weeks back. Only used it twice but works great for backpacking. And back saving. And back everything.

OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool

OP
OP
Ace 250

Ace 250

Jul 8, 2012
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It a little bit more than I thought.

z.daniel88

Feb 17, 2012
Richmond IN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i love my ez sluice. Got rid of the miners mos and replaced with carpet covered in expanded metal under the riffles. Works well for sandy areas.

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just can't go wrong with the BGT....just my experience, which is very limited....

I went out 2x w/ a "regular" sluice, worried whole time if it was setup correctly..... classified material, fed it slowly, then cleaned out.....quickly realized that my recovery was based entirely on how many buckets I culd run in a day, which was being limited by the "operation".

Now, with my homemade BGT, all I do is run material all day, clean out 1-3 times during the day. It takes longer to replace the sluice in the river than it does to clean it out ! Now starting to work on a prospecter size....

Can't reccommend them enough, even if a little $$$... increased processing = increased recovery... at least in my humble opinion :)

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
You just can't go wrong with the BGT....just my experience, which is very limited....

I went out 2x w/ a "regular" sluice, worried whole time if it was setup correctly..... classified material, fed it slowly, then cleaned out.....quickly realized that my recovery was based entirely on how many buckets I culd run in a day, which was being limited by the "operation".

Now, with my homemade BGT, all I do is run material all day, clean out 1-3 times during the day. It takes longer to replace the sluice in the river than it does to clean it out ! Now starting to work on a prospecter size....

Can't reccommend them enough, even if a little $$$... increased processing = increased recovery... at least in my humble opinion :)

i agree with you 110%... i wish i would have bought my BGT instead of my keene, i would have alot more gold than i have now. lets put it this way... ive increased my take 99% since i got my lovely lil black beauty! i cant wait to get the momey saved for the miner!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i agree with you 110%... i wish i would have bought my BGT instead of my keene, i would have alot more gold than i have now. lets put it this way... ive increased my take 99% since i got my lovely lil black beauty! i cant wait to get the momey saved for the miner!
one step at a time grasshopper. The Miner will be great if you and your son can both shovel into it...it's true. Still,I suggest you get enough gold with the prospector to pay for it! Maybe supplemented by selling that shiny metal sluice you have too :)

PS I agree 110% too...Bazooka Goldtraps ROCK!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread