Any good places in S.E. Michigan

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, there is.

Oh, you mean you want someone to tell you where to dig? Well then it wouldn't be prospecting, it would just be digging ;-)

Try streams you can get access/ permission for in Birmingham as that is a producing area. Also wherever you see a gravel bar without sand on the surface but instead softball sized or bigger rocks. Ideally with some current to wash away the lighter material and with algae growing on the larger rocks, showing they have been undisturbed for a while. I grew up there (royal Oak and Troy) and from what I hear there's glacial gold in lots of spots. Do keep the MI rules about trout streams in mind.

Last edited:

Crewsader

Apr 24, 2013
I've been prospecting all summer and fall here in S.E. Michigan. All I've found is small micro gold. Good luck with Birmingham. I haven't found any areas to access rivers or creeks there and getting permission from the uppity people there would be an act of God. There are no public areas to access and unless you have a relative who owns property, it's not gonna happen. I have found most of my color from the Clinton river where there is plenty of access from Waterford to Shelby Township.

OP
OP
G

goreyboggs

Greenie
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I will just be buying paydirt!LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread