Eagle Breastplate, Stirrup, 14 Bullets, & More Dug in Tenn. TODAY!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was a balmy 21 deg. In Tennessee when I drove to a local Civil War site that I had hunted 3 times last year. I wanted to dig 18 more relics to make 300 for the year before the long overdue rapid growing of the grass and planting corn & soybeans slows or stops our hunting at many of our sites. The other Trio members couldn’t hunt with me this morning.
This was a picket post used by U.S. forces and probably Gen. Morgan’s C.S.A. troops in 1862. I started off slow but hit a hot spot where I dug 12 dropped .69 cal. 3 ring “Big Boys” and the iron cartridge box buckle. I needed to get home and check on some cattle so I starting making my way to my truck. On the way, I dug 3 more dropped .69s. A little closer to the truck, I dug the .58 cal. 3 ring bullet. I had 2 items that I suspected were not period but I knew I had 299 relics for 2014. I got a good tone & “74” on my F75 and it was only 5 inches deep. The bullets had been 7-9 in. deep. The target didn’t “squeal” like a can and had a soft pinpoint tone so I dug it. Out popped my first plate of 2014.
Plates are getting very scarce to dig in Tennessee. It’s probably been nearly 900 CW relics since I dug the last one in Oct. 2012. Dman wants to hunt that site soon-imagine that?-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0053.JPG
    DSCN0053.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0055.JPG
    DSCN0055.JPG
    492.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN0060.JPG
    DSCN0060.JPG
    824.7 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 10

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Quindy! A pile of .69s and a breastplate! That is one of the best days you have had in a while!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG Quindy! A pile of .69s and a breastplate! That is one of the best days you have had in a while!

Thanks Steve. The first time I hunted this site about this time last year I dug an eagle "I" button and nearly 20 bullets. The next time I got skunked. Last fall, I dug 2 smashed bullets. This was a real surprise Bud. HH, Q.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent solo hunt there Q. Like those .69's...and that plate is not too shabby either! Perseverance is the trick ain't it?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt Quindy .. You flat tore it up!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet plate Quindy:hello2:

I always bring my camera:laughing7:

I would hate to get hit with one of those Big Boys..

Blaze

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Man, you did great! I like that plate and the .69's of course. I thought that place was cleaned out. right?:laughing7: Glad to see you reach 300 and remember, you are only 298 relics ahead of me!!!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, you did great! I like that plate and the .69's of course. I thought that place was cleaned out. right?:laughing7: Glad to see you reach 300 and remember, you are only 298 relics ahead of me!!!
I am 29,800 lifetime behind you Donnie. Let's try to get Dman out to hunt late next week. He's killing me-LOL. Thanks, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Quindy, just awesome!!!! :occasion14: Congrats on the breastplate Dude. How close was it to your truck? Do you think you guys may have parked over it before?
You going to get it restored or leave it as is?
Way to go on all the big lead too. :thumbsup:
I'm sure Dman is going to thump you upside the head when he see's you next time. He shouldn't be too upset though, it was too cold for him the detect anyways. :tongue3:
Congrats Buddy!!!
-DUHg-

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1st plate of the year is always sweet. Nice lead too!!! Good hunt!!!

Coilcrazy2

Nov 9, 2010
Reading, pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, gray ghost headphones,
Fisher 1265x,
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Tesoro cibola,
Tesoro Outlaw
Nice plate! A bunch of really nice relics ya got there.:thumbsup:

JohnnyRebCSA

Oct 6, 2010
Tennessee, CSA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266X
Had to be quite a garrison for so much stuff dropped at a picket site. What contributed to all this....quite a few troops or was there for an extended period of time? Have any idea the amount of troops that camped there?

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Quindy, just awesome!!!! :occasion14: Congrats on the breastplate Dude. How close was it to your truck? Do you think you guys may have parked over it before?
You going to get it restored or leave it as is?
Way to go on all the big lead too. :thumbsup:
I'm sure Dman is going to thump you upside the head when he see's you next time. He shouldn't be too upset though, it was too cold for him the detect anyways. :tongue3:
Congrats Buddy!!!
-DUHg-

1. About 125 yards.
2. I already called my friend Robert McDaniel in Alabama tonight. It will be in the mail soon.
3. Dman knew it was my turn-LOL. He dug that nice big eagle "I" with gold gilt at the Williams Cleaner camp & Josh dug a BP there. it all evens out. I GUARANTEE you will dig a plate (didn't say what kind) when you come over-LOL. HH, Q.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeeee- Haaaa! Great video. I would have to say that was a hot spot for sure. Great job on the 300 they are all worthy but the plate is the icing. I am still thinking this will be known as the year of the "William Cleaner" though. Hopefully your partners will be digging plates and buckles in no time. I always thought that buckle was a harness buckle. Thanks for the I.D. You guys have sure had the season so far. Like those jakes by the fence. Be careful the season starts this Saturday. Good job. I know you are stoked!
HH
TnMtns

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome solo of the trio hunt Q! :thumbsup: L-O-V-E the plate and congrats on finding all of those 'big boys.' The video had some beautiful scenery, and of course, I liked the music!

:)
Breezie
PS: I'm still waiting for the museum to open!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread