Ear Buds or Ear Phones?

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Ace 250, ProPointer
I have some great noise cancelling skull candy ear buds. I'm still kinda new to this but has anyone tried ear buds? I got an adapter from radio shack to give it a shot. I also found some WATERPROOF earbuds on amazon.....for more than half the cost of the waterproof ear phones and good up to 12' deep just in case

Amazon.com : X-1 (Powered by H2O Audio) IE2-BK-X Surge Waterproof Sport In-Ear Headphones (Black/Blue) : Electronics

Upvote 0

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I haven't tried ear buds......yet, but I intend to. I'm in southeast Texas and it's to friggin' hot for headphones. Let us know how you like it. HH :o)
Oh, and I need to find some buds with a volume control as my detector has no volume control. :o(

Last edited:
OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
I haven't tried ear buds......yet, but I intend to. I'm in southeast Texas and it's to friggin' hot for headphones. Let us know how you like it. HH :o)
Oh, and I need to find some buds with a volume control as my detector has no volume control. :o(

What Part? Im in sw La...Lake Charles

OP
OP
dale3fan28

dale3fan28

Jul 15, 2013
Lake Charles, La
Detector(s) used
There are many ear buds with volume control out there....not much difference in price either......My Iphone actually came with a pair..

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I'm a little northeast of Houston.
I'm going to have to find me some good buds. I'll have to do a little research. :o)

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of guys use ear buds, but the wires don't take to well to getting snagged on trees in the woods.

Wayne

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Yeah, I can see that. Most of my hunting is in the wide open, so I like the idea of buds over sweaty headphones. :o)
I found some that should work. I just need to pick up a jack adapter.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried beats they were ok but keep pull them off when I was digging a target so I stuck with my old headphones I can put down my detector and not worry about ear phones getting put out

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want these but they're pricey! If these guys were to EVER get into making MD's the current big boys better watch out! Lol but that will likely never happen, and I'd be just as happy with a T2 SE and a set of these!

image-2406940588.jpg

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Nice looking phones.
My perfect headphones would be Bluetooth ear buds, but I hear that wireless headphones suffer from a delay issue.

fishguy

Jun 20, 2013
Little River, SC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found regardless of buds or ear pieces that if my cord isn't coiled, eventually I am going to cut them with my shovel. Lost 2 sets already but they where dollar store specials.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
That sounds like something that would happen to me. I'm with you...cheap is the only way to go. You just need to hear the sound. Don't need expensive for that.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ear buds with volume control work on detectors but the volume control doesn't. They are made for Ipod and similar setup with a 4 contact jack.
Standard stereo jack is 3 segment. You can buy an inline volume control from Radio Shack or online. Not expensive and works well.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Thank you Ism. That is great information!
I had no idea. You have quite likely saved me from making a second trip to Radio Shack. I appreciate it very much.

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a set of ihome headphones from big lots. The best part for me is a longer cord, volume control, and adjustable band. I can use the one side on one ear. I hunt mostly woods with black bears, foxes and other critters. I like to hear what's happening around me in case i need to take action. They are black and silver and paid $15, just my 2 cents which is all i found last night. Also i mainly hunt at night after my daughter goes to sleep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread