Earbuds for AT Pro

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the Koss buds..theyre not actually separate buds but are those kinds that are a loop that goes over your ears and the the speakers sits on your ear facing forward. The loop goes around the back of your head. I went with them because they have one line not two so less wires around your face, has volume control and the sound was perfect. I could hear tones easier. Model is the P9, goes to 102 decibels,32 ohms so it works with the AT pro, a 4 foot cord. Was like $15 on amazon.hope it helps

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

AnnieF

Jul 26, 2012
Western NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just ordered them at koss.com for $9.95 + free shipping (Thank GOD bc when you go to check out it says the shipping is over $19 bucks! But then they zero it out...)

I've been reluctant to replace the Garrett ones bc I keep reading about difficulty hearing all the frequencies of our wonderful 'tector. I *hate* being encumbered by wires or, really, ANYTHING when digging, so the design of these, esp with the one wire & volume adjust on the wire sound great.

I'll post a review once I've used them, though I'm sure they'll be great. TN users are the best!

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you like them, I had got mine from amazon just two days before a club hunt,was a hot day here two Saturdays ago and I had no problems. I saw the rest of the club with big headphones sweating like mad. About mid day we stopped and the questions started, how good are they, how light etc etc. Was like show and tell. Now several ppl want to order so looks like I'll be putting in an order for a large amount just to save shipping. Once u hit $25 with amazon the shippings free

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How do you plug them in? Is there an adaptor for the ATP ??

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy a female 1/8" mini and cut your stock headphone cord between the factory AT connector and where the wire starts to coil. Then buy a male 1/8" mini jack and solder it on the cord from the factory headphones. You can now use any 1/8" headphone, earbud or wireless product on them. If it doesn't shut off the factory AT speaker when you plug them in you just need to solder a 10k resistor across the wires inside the jack.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Best earbuds I've ever used was my daughters Beats by Dr. Dre.
Nothing short of absolute amazing and worth the money. You could detect with a marching band next to you during a hurricane.

OP
OP
jjg70

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
In order to adapt them, I bought a garrett headphone adapter from Kellyco detectors It cost around thirty dollars. Then u can plug headphones into it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread