Early Tayopa newspaper story

Gd evening my friends, coffee ready: Another curious unexplainable incident happened when we sent some people down into the tayopa baranca for a few days exploration. They reached bottom the first day then set up camp above anyhigh water level.

Later that night, they were awakened by the sound of many men. My son and his confident, carefully worked their way down to where they could see the bottom. They saw many torches, yes 'open flame torches' , not flash lights . their first thought was that the Narcos were looking for them, so they kept very quiet.

The group with the torches continued up the canyon for another 150 -200 meters then turned to the left left and disappeared.

At day break the next morning, they decended to the bottom looking for foot prints - there were none __???

By coincidence the men disappeared where what we have an uncovered tunnel which we consider Los Ninos, the same one that I posted pictures of with backfills closing off easy access to the face of the vein structure????

I have often heard of people hearing ghost miners talking , working, or whatever near mines, do ya spose?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Gd evening my friends, coffee ready: Another curious unexplainable incident happened when we sent some people down into the tayopa baranca for a few days exploration. They reached bottom the first day then set up camp above anyhigh water level.

Later that night, they were awakened by the sound of many men. My son and his confident, carefully worked their way down to where they could see the bottom. They saw many torches, yes 'open flame torches' , not flash lights . their first thought was that the Narcos were looking for them, so they kept very quiet.

The group with the torches continued up the canyon for another 150 -200 meters then turned to the left left and disappeared.

At day break the next morning, they decended to the bottom looking for foot prints - there were none __???

By coincidence the men disappeared where what we have an uncovered tunnel which we consider Los Ninos, the same one that I posted pictures of with backfills closing off easy access to the face of the vein structure????

I have often heard of people hearing ghost miners talking , working, or whatever near mines, do ya spose?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Yes Comadrito! They are asking you to dig out those backfills. I can't wait to hear what you find there. I hope that some day I would be as fortunate as to see an apparition. Suerte Amigo, and thank you for the coffee.

Homar P. Olivarez

Hello All

I agree with senor el Coazon de Oro, I too cannot wait to see what you find under those backfills.

Interesting story of the apparitions. Even in European folklore mines were considered the underground realm of the dead. I recalled old legends and tales from UK of ghostly miners entering long lost mines and of course the rumor of treasure are never far away. These tradition beliefs lasted well into the 20th century. For me it adds a bit color to region with it vast folklore sadly disappearing from written record. Hint .. hint... Don hose 11 pages not good enough.... Kanacki wants to Keel Haul You. Lucky for you he scrapped off all the barnacles in Korsae.

El senor Crow awaiting orders to weigh anchor.

Crow wrote
For me it adds a bit color to region with it vast folklore sadly disappearing from written record. Hint .. hint... Don hose 11 pages not good enough..

Ditto!

Allo gents, Gals, booze or coffee?

Scraped the barnies off on Korsae?? hmm so that's where he came
up with the money for new sails.

Now about Amy ?? Get her back and I promise no more passes

Don Jose de La Mancha

Good Morning Don Jose and friends

I have night duty to night. Day break the Drumbeat will haul ass out of Suva. So once again my friend we will be out out of Internet range for about 3 weeks. Kanacka has posted another story and because of it ..er perhaps its time to make ourselves scarce.

As for lovely Amy my friend she is doing some follow up research on that Russian Treasury Business big Kanacka once posted. She has not forgot you my friend just busy for a while. As me and kanacki and crew... 3 weeks or so. So page 12 by then?????

Live the dream my friends.

El senior Crow

G'd morning my friends. Posted in here yesterday but inadvertently pushed the wrong key to post and it disappeared. Being submerged in that ole Mexican custom borrowed from Polynesia, tomorrow wil do just fine etc.

Unfortunately tomorrow is here soooo;Here is what is aparantly an old trail which we are clearing up and following --- kinda scary when one remembers that loaded animals used this trail for the Tayopa complex.

Notice the drop off on the right.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. laft click on image to enlarge it, keep going for full page.

Old Trail.jpg

Last edited:
Don Jose

Nice picture . Reminds me a scene of " The last mohican " movie .
These days , I am working to locate the other mines of the Tayopa complex . When I will be ready , I will post my thoughts ( finds ? ) .

Marius - keep in mind that there are at least three, possibly FOUR different Tayopas, all located in different locations, and date to somewhat different time periods. The earliest one is the one most frequently referred to by our mutual amigo Real de Tayopa, but we also have the Dios Padres, the one near Guaynopa, one near Yecora (Santa Anna) and also a single lost gold mine named Tayope, which was found in the early 1900s after being lost for some time, and is apparently lost again. There are numerous different spellings and the Spanish had a penchant for using the same names over and over, hence we have several Tayopas.

Side point but we can't throw stones at the Spaniards for using the same name, how many Cottonwood creeks are there in the western US? It would have been nice if people had used a bit more imagination when naming places! :BangHead:

Good luck and good hunting Markmar and everyone, looking forward to reading more of Amy's revelations! :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

Last edited:
Oroblanco

Don't worry about me . I am not confused . I follow the description in the maps and I believe how I am in the correct place , SW from Lecora .

"Y"ecora, not 'L' ecora Marius. There you will find the 'Dios Padres group' now known as the 'First Mexican Gold Corp', Canadian, formerly Tayopa no. 2.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. slighty NW from Yecora.

Don Jose

I wrote " Lecora " intentionally . I know how is " Yecora " . Ok , I understood ... :wink:

Don Jose

As I wrote , I am interesting to locate the mines of Tayopa complex , except Tayopa mine .

Marious my friend, more coffee? as for the mines of the Tayopa Complex, which are you interested in? I may help save you both time and money. I already have more than I can easily handle.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose

You can tell me about everyone ? If were recovered , I am not interesting anymore to locate them .

Hey amigo I will take that danged El Paramo off yer hands, just to show you what a nice person I am to help you out that way! :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Don Jose

I believe the conversion in meters from varas is wrong . In that era , one vara is 0, 83 meter .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back