east coast florida beach hunting

bootey_hunter

Apr 21, 2010
man whats the deal on the east coast of florida?... i been detecting for a week(palm beach, lake worth,delray) and no luck.. just a bunch of clad.. the waves have been crazy so i havent been able to get out in the water..... is this just a dry season for the fla. beaches?? or is all the good stuff out in the water??

i might have to take a trip to the gulf coast where the water is calmer.

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats where I get my good stuff when Im down there - in the water

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you are really in the prime spot!
what detector are you using? i followed some people with a less expencive unit and i found a lot they were missing.
also, if you find anything in the water , anybody asks you found it on dry sand. some people own the water rights in fl!
good luck, urdaboss

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flordia beaches get pounded by lots of hunters and most of them swing like a grass whip with the coil being lifted up on the ends so it is only near the sand right in front of them. Go slow and over lap your sweeps and it will come to you. Mainly just try to have fun.

OP
OP
bootey_hunter

bootey_hunter

Apr 21, 2010
im swinging an excal 1000... and i am swingin low and slow... coming from vegas i am enjoying the beach weather... i was just a bit confused to why am i only findin little bits of clad here and there... wheres the gold at!!!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, usually the gold is over there, behind that third wave and in front of the fifth.

It's not like someone comes along and throws gold or whatever out there for you to just find. It's called treasure "HUNTING" for a reason.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say about 100 hrs. to 1 gold it takes time

Jonnie

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
baywalker said:
I would say about 100 hrs. to 1 gold it takes time

Jonnie

The problem is that sometimes our "clock" is broken.

And to the original poster, you should come up to the First Coast. You will welcome the wave action you are experiencing.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is from my last trip down to Fla. from nov2011
my friend who lives down there and i hooked up with
got about the same - all from water and water was rough - hunted 4 days and never saw another
swinger in the water - just a few dry sanders and few wet sanders = they had no gold

Attachments

• fl finds.jpg
    fl finds.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 771
  • fl finds.jpg
    fl finds.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 688

1869er

Jan 5, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Freedom 2 C.C., 1st detector was a 1970's Compass, Finished a MD Surf PI from a kit - my most recent MD.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I'm over on the West coast of Florida.... I've been hunting alot this new year... Mainly on the beaches, and I've been finding lots of clad and just a few silver pieces. Last time I went I found 55 clads mainly all in one spot about 15' x 15'.... All that concentration of clad dropped, and a mini flashlight... but not one single piece of jewelry, let alone any gold.

I'm gonna probably go out again tonight after sun down... If anything good shows up beneath the sand... I will make a post.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There just hasnt been any sand movement and when it did move it stayed there so the hard pan is even deeper. You get the normal floaters coming from these high/low tides right now. Ive also spoken to a LOT i mean a LOT of snow birds hunting all day long. Local hunters have to put in more hours now out there looking for that rare piece of gold so everything is getting gobbled up. But at least we do have calmer water.

Dew

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The water is were its at.

Those waves can be awfully rough though in some areas. Not a lot of people want to venture out there.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry and wet sand here gets "pounded" all day long, and there are a lot of quality units and skilled hunters out there. One thing to realize is that it's not ma & pa motels anymore like it use to be, it's year-round condo living and there a lot of snowbird locals now that hunt the beach everyday. The water is pretty much the last frontier but like others have already stated the surf along the east coast can be brutal and it takes a lot of dedication to challenge it, and it can also be a bit risky, so be careful if you decide to venture into it with your gear. Having said all that......the water sees a ton of traffic but it seldom sees a coil around here.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The answer to your question can be found under: Ft Lauderdale golden mile is a bust anyone know why ?:BangHead:

beachboy

Bronze Member
May 26, 2008
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Well, it seems that there has not been a lot of storms this year...It is the Winter that has not happened, they say...
Not too good up here in New England...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread