EASTER EGGS!!! First solid roll(s) with pic

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So today I stopped in a small town (my childhood home town) that basically is a 1 stoplight (blinking), 1 bar, 1 gas station, 1 bank town. The bank had $190 in halves in the vault. I bought them all. As I was walking out I said to my son "this might be a dream score", "why?" he asked......"I'll tell you in the car.

Written on 4 of the rolls were what I assumed to be the contents, if true, it would be a HUGE score......

see photos....they were dead on. 3 solid rolls, and one roll with (17).

There is a large amish community nearby, my guess is that it was an Amish fellow that would be so meticulous as to write the exact contents. Anyway, I'll be sure to check back regularly.

Just under 20oz and $700

Attachments

• easter eggs (2).jpg
    easter eggs (2).jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, a true treaure hunt!

People from that generation are constantly passing away and if their children have no interests in coins then they just deposit them. A 20- to 40-year old in 1964 is 68 to 88 years old today. If in 1980-81 s/he did not sell off the silver coins that he got from hoarding in 1964 then s/he will have some coins to pass on and possibly to be deposited at face. I expect that in the next 10 to 20 years we can still find silver coins in circulation.

Last edited:

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the club!

What a surreal feeling it is, slow motion even, to open up and capitalize on someones ignorance.

BRAVO

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chinman, u just kicked the bank's *ss! Its the best feeling ever to outsmart them like that. Its the same feeling i got in Vegas once when I happened upon a quarter slot machine that accepted nickels... Ever time i hit a jacks or better, i cashed out in quarters. I took them for 400 bucks that day. Nice score man! :)

HH
BB

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Score!!! Farchaus, he checked the rolls first! That is what keeps us doing this hobby.

OP
OP
chinman

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was buying them all anyway :) I just got excited when I saw the writing on them....

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go ! hope you find more scores from your hometown! Your score has one of the The first solid silver rolls of 90% silver in a while! Usually the solid scores are 40%.
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread