Coin Processors Sorting Silver?

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know of coin processors (Brink's, Loomis, etc.) that sort out silver and older coins? I heard a rumor that some processors sort out the silver and you will rarely find any in their rolls. Does anyone know if there is truth to this rumor? Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Dumb question... just let this thread fade into oblivion and stop replying to it please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCD11

Oct 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
This topic has been kicked around a LOT on the forum with no definite answer that I've seen. You can get up to speed on members' thoughts by wading back through the topic titles and reading those that mention the couriers and possible silver culling.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, coinstar rejects silver a lot of the time. So any other coin processor might do the same. It wouldn't suprise me if the companies do it on purpose then sell the silver for themselves to be melted down. Good idea for a business...bad news for CHRing.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This topic has been brought up several times this month. For the last time, the couriers DO cull silver out of the system. There is absolutely no point in ordering coin from banks and searching for silver.

Im not really supposed to say this, but all the silver is being sent to aliens from another world as repayment for atomic energy technology we received in the 30s. If you like, ask any courier driver and they will confirm this fact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This topic has been brought up several times this month. For the last time, the couriers DO cull silver out of the system. There is absolutely no point in ordering coin from banks and searching for silver.

Im not really supposed to say this, but all the silver is being sent to aliens from another world as repayment for atomic energy technology we received in the 30s. If you like, ask any courier driver and they will confirm this fact.

Obviously the second half is just a joke, but that makes me question the validity of the first half. Also, I've been finding silver dimes, halves, and nickels (haven't searched quarters) in courier boxes. Can you seriously answer the question?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously the second half is just a joke, but that makes me question the validity of the first half. Also, I've been finding silver dimes, halves, and nickels (haven't searched quarters) in courier boxes. Can you seriously answer the question?

You've answered your own question.

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we go again.....

HH Dave

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these guys are playing with you because this specific topic is brought up @ least 3 times a week by new coin roll hunters who get on thier first skunk roll of multiple boxes. and IMMEDIATELY they KNOW the couriers are culling all the silver.

Use the search function on the site and search this topic and see for yourself its quite popular. Keep your head up.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG, I just have to tell you the latest! The rolling facilities have forgone PAYMENT for their services, and are now just accepting the silver that they find in the process. Can you believe it? I just heard this yesterday but I could not keep it secret any longer!

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Can we just change the name of the forum from "Coin Roll Hunting" to "Coin Roll Hunting - Coin Processors do not cull silver - and watch out for zombies!"

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know of coin processors (Brink's, Loomis, etc.) that sort out silver and older coins? I heard a rumor that some processors sort out the silver and you will rarely find any in their rolls. Does anyone know if there is truth to this rumor? Thanks for the help.

I want to share something with you that these other bozo's don't know or don't care about. There really is a Santa Claus, please keep it just between us, do not want everyone getting in on the act.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I know, call me crazy but I truly believe Brinks is around here. And only started very recently. All of this weeks boxes from the many banks that ALWAYS produced, (yeah a box might be a skunk but then another from the same batch would be good) are as of this week all skunks. There not after anything but silver, I did find 9 proofs and 4-87's in MS condition in one box but no silver.

AgHawk

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......All of this weeks boxes...........

Unless "all of this week's boxes" equals 20 or 30, you don't have a big enough sample size. Even then it would have to be over a period of weeks and months to be even considered discussion worthy.

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy shows up alot, get used to it

Skunked2.jpg

and yes I swiped this one

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless "all of this week's boxes" equals 20 or 30, you don't have a big enough sample size. Even then it would have to be over a period of weeks and months to be even considered discussion worthy.

I fully agree, but up until this week I always got a good amont of silver from every batch, from every bank, all of a sudden nada from any of them. I hope you're right, this is my only source of income right now and I do hope it is not over.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw this being done when I was stationed at Area 51, sworn to secrecy by ?.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread